View RSS Feed

Sir\_hoppalot's Blog

experienced crasher :/

Rate this Entry
Had a good crash on the weekend, think it's my third in about 3 months. Definatly feel i'm on a roll and do not think I should stop.
Going for a nice weekend ride over the port hills here in Christchurch, was a little eager to be out riding perhaps.. going up the hill, took a corner with a bit of speed. behind the corner was a car backed up behind a bicycle, car coming from the other direction, I didnt have anywhere to go and popped on my brakes, front type virtually stopped I went virtical with the bike and tackled the car. Guess who won.

It's a shame as it's track day in about a month, not sure it and I will be back and running, by then. I was really looking forward to it.

I managed to dislocate my sholder and crush my wrist, it's given me a wee while off work so I'm staying obtimistic, could have been my neck this time

us damn bikers stick together, a witness rider who I had never met and who saw the whole thing (claiming it was most spectacular, which i'm half ashamed to be half broud of) actually got his wife to drive out to the crash site with car and trailer to pick my bike up and drop it at my place while I was getting taken away, %$#@ing legend!

Submit "experienced crasher :/" to Digg Submit "experienced crasher :/" to del.icio.us Submit "experienced crasher :/" to StumbleUpon Submit "experienced crasher :/" to Google Submit "experienced crasher :/" to reddit Submit "experienced crasher :/" to Facebook

Categories
Sport/Road Bikes

Comments