View RSS Feed

hm6's Blog

First Bike-Bandit 250?

Rate this Entry
Hi there,
This is my first time on here -though I've been sussing it out for a while - and it looks like alot of people have good info to give, so would appreciate any help offered.
I decided after years of fluffing about, I really want a motorbike. Been searching for about 3-4 weeks on trade-me and others trying to get an idea of what I'm after in a bike. I've had some experience when I was a kid riding round in paddocks, but I'm looking to brush on my skills -ie. remember what it's like to ride a bike- and go for my license in the next few weeks.
I've just been offered a 1990 Bandit 250 for 2 grand.

I have a few q's:
Is this a wicked price? The lady has had it for 5 years, just rides it round in summer, but is now wanting to flick it off.
I haven't actually had a chance to sit on a Bandit yet, but I'm 163 cms - about 5'3-5'4 and weight 57kg. Do you think I'll be able to reach the ground and handle this bike?
Apparently its a 6-speed, 16 valve slingshot motor - could any1 enlighten me on what this means?

Any help much appreciated! ta
Hannah

Submit "First Bike-Bandit 250?" to Digg Submit "First Bike-Bandit 250?" to del.icio.us Submit "First Bike-Bandit 250?" to StumbleUpon Submit "First Bike-Bandit 250?" to Google Submit "First Bike-Bandit 250?" to reddit Submit "First Bike-Bandit 250?" to Facebook

Comments