View RSS Feed

KoroJ's Blog

Wgtn Uly Christmas BBQ

Rate this Entry
Today was the Wgtn Uly end of year / Christmas BBQ. It is normally just a BBQ near Rivendell at Kaitoke, but this year we incorporated a local ride and some Slow Handling, so we changed the venue to Karori West School.

I had a quick look at the site yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to see we had enough space on the tennis courts to set-up three courses, instead of just the one I had been planning, so I rang Ken this morning to advise that I would miss the ride and go direct to the school to set up. I got there about 0950 and took a little extra time adjusting the sizes and positioning to make them fit in the confined space, then had a quick trial out before 1100 before waiting for the riders to arrive.

A couple of members came direct to the school and we were chatting while Jim fired up the Bar-B, and it was noon before the rest arrived, in time to tuck straight into the food, so I had a quick snack then gave a short explanation of the courses followed by a demonstration.

From there a few tried it out with mixed success and I was surprised more didn’t, I took a few photos then had another try myself. It was rather pleasant and the 25 riders (some having pillions) started to disperse by 1330, but I stayed on with a couple to play some more, finally leaving at 1500 after chewing the fat with Woody for a bit.

It was a jolly good day on which I managed to do about 25Km at 9.4K/Ltr using the Red to give it a run...and because it only had a quarter of a tank, compared to the Black which is full and I figured I didn’t need the extra weight. The Red has been on Trade-Me for a week now but no nibbles as yet.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-12-18 049p.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	439.8 KB 
ID:	252993   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-12-18 055.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	149.9 KB 
ID:	252994   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-12-18 057.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	299.1 KB 
ID:	252995   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-12-18 060.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	246.3 KB 
ID:	252996   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-12-18 065.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	238.8 KB 
ID:	252997   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-12-18 070.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	213.4 KB 
ID:	252998  

Submit "Wgtn Uly Christmas BBQ" to Digg Submit "Wgtn Uly Christmas BBQ" to del.icio.us Submit "Wgtn Uly Christmas BBQ" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wgtn Uly Christmas BBQ" to Google Submit "Wgtn Uly Christmas BBQ" to reddit Submit "Wgtn Uly Christmas BBQ" to Facebook

Comments

Sounds like a great day was had there John. I wish we could have been there but we already had three things on that day! I'll need to make sure I have plenty of notice for next years one. - Simon #8456