View RSS Feed

.produKt

Wanna show off my pride and joy :) \ Tell my story

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by .produKt View Post
Care for a massive story? Well I have one for you, if you're keen on reading it

March 2010, I bought this Honda CBR250RR off a lovely chap in Dunedin with the same name as I.
Took Atomic super budgetshuttle down to Dunedin and killed 4 hours around Dunedin until I could collect it (at 5pm) , and ride back to CHCH.
Had an ear to ear grin on my face nearly the whole way back to Christchurch.Except for when I ran out of gas in Rolleston (280km's from full to reserve )

Here she is. It's now my 4th bike and I have my full license, yet I have no desire to part with her.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF6506.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	651.7 KB 
ID:	253173

About 6 months later, a VERY ex-flatmate reversed into it, and pushed it against the backside of a wooden 6ft fence. And yes, that's the fence in the background.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0907.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	815.6 KB 
ID:	253172Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0908.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	527.3 KB 
ID:	253174

That's not what did the damage. We had an argument and she FELL on it when it was still leaning up against the fence... Big, hideously ugly German girl too. (short story)
So naturally I made her life a living hell till she finally moved out *fun!*.

With the bike heavily damaged onwards ensues a battle. A stressful, poorly battle that one should not have to deal with.
I lodged a claim with State immediately after this and rang out all the damage and sent photo's. 2 weeks later the insurance assessor comes around and looks at the bike and takes photo's for his own records. By Friday I had got a reply from the assessor " The cost of replacing the fairings will nearly write off the bike - and that's without the original graphics" O_O, he continues "at this point we are considering writing off the bike, as well as other options"

*PANIC!* No way I'm having my fun little Cibby possibly written off and parted out to some barstard on Trademe who insists on charging too much for even a footpeg.

With wheels set in motion and blazing fingers of fire and panic I set out on the Internet, Finding cheap fairings that would satisfy the insurance company into not writing off my bike was a challenge in itself. Eventually I settled on this knob Praduh @ race evolution or something.
He wanted $990.00 for a set of CBR fairings painted in any scheme\colour of my choice! Great! Insurance company loved it and went ahead with the fairings from this guy.
It took 6 days of emailing him to get him pictures, links text etc to get thru my designs to the thick bastard THEN to rub the salt 'praduuhhh' wanted payment up front for making the fairings... for an insurance job.... yeah, i know right?
So I continued arguing with him about this, I told the guys at Street and Sport that this is what he's doing and then I organized praduuuuhhhhhhh to ring Street and Sport.
The penny dropped as he wouldn't budge. After a bit of begging with the guys and +4 days, they agreed to pay a deposit out of their own pocket to secure the fairings and then they paid the rest too! omg good c***s yes? Show some love <3 http://streetandsport.co.nz/

3 weeks later the fairings turned up - bringing the total time taken to get them just under 2 months - they were fitted inside 4 days, excess paid and I was a happy bloke ^_^
Bought me a pack of celebration beers the very same evening

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=girm0wir.k40.jpg

Shame about the tank - but that was undamaged.

And now comes February. We all know about September, but February was worse. And not I will not name the event...
My bike among many many others around CHCH was tossed aside like it didn't weigh anything, and my workplace found a 5 degree lean towards E-can the appropriate place to stop... damn.

Lost my job and had a damaged Cibby. Sigh.

Rang the insurance 2 weeks after 'what happened in Feb' and lodged my new claim. Got myself into some study. And things get worse.

Me being the hapless float thru life sorta idiot I am, I just started studying without planning for financial implications of only earning 241$ a week.
For this reason It took me until September to get it back into the Legends at Street and Sport.

It took another 2 months to get it back, due to the state of chch and the insurance industry and various paint industries even several months on from 'Feb'
Also the passing of a bloody legend Joesph http://streetandsport.co.nz/josephs-corner/

but overall I think the end result is bloody awesome

What do you think?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This post helps you learn:
How to tidy up a 1992 CBR250RR (mc22)
How to lol
How to avoid Indians who come here and bring/adopt shocking business practices.
How to read a story written by an idiot
How to win a cookie?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you can name the model of bike and what era inspired my paintjob, I will send you a cookie. Seriously, a WHOLE cookie! But only to the first correct guess

PS, I would like to personally thank all the motorcyclists that went to Joesph's Funeral. And thanks to the Missus of OneArmedBandit for patting me on the back
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2812.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	847.0 KB 
ID:	253169   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2801.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	916.9 KB 
ID:	253170   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2805.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	880.3 KB 
ID:	253171  

Submit "Wanna show off my pride and joy :) \ Tell my story" to Digg Submit "Wanna show off my pride and joy :) \ Tell my story" to del.icio.us Submit "Wanna show off my pride and joy :) \ Tell my story" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wanna show off my pride and joy :) \ Tell my story" to Google Submit "Wanna show off my pride and joy :) \ Tell my story" to reddit Submit "Wanna show off my pride and joy :) \ Tell my story" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow !!! Awesome work bro !!! hats off to you with all the shit happening round yah, you have got one sweet ride there
    You're right, its awesome. Great stuff