View RSS Feed

KoroJ's Blog

2011 In Retrospect

Rate this Entry
I've been a bit busy/pre-occupied with interior decorating to get around to posting this but......Another one down and I managed to do about 25,000Km this year.

Highlights of the year were:

• Jan - Taking our Grand-daughter and her cousin for a holiday on the Gold Coast.
• Feb - Doing Gold on the TT2000 which involved 700Km getting there on Friday, 1550Km Saturday, 1350Km Sunday and 300Km to get home Monday for a total of 3,977Km over the 4 days. Fantastic South Island riding, much of it on new roads for me.
• Apr - An overnighter in Whangamomona provided some nice riding.
• May - Getting into Police Rodeo slow riding which certainly hones up the skills.
• Sep - Finally getting to ride the Gentle Annie after it had been sealed in July. This is 150Km of sweet curves and beautiful scenery….which I managed to do 4 times before the end of the year.
• Oct - Buying a New-Beaut-Black-Beauty ST1300
• Oct - Doing the GC which involved a 900Km extension to make up a 2500Km Long Weekend to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the event.
• Nov & Dec – Finishing the year with the C1KC (Capital 1000Km Cruise) and MDA (Muscular Dystrophy) Rides.

Lows

• Jan / May / Oct - Managing to trash 3 Avon Storm 2 Ultra Rear Tyres in a row through punctures and blowouts. An expensive run of tyres/events which I was lucky did not result in a serious off. Mr Avon is off the Christmas Card list!
• Sep - Missing out on buying a New-Beaut-Black-Beauty in the Big Honda Sale after it was sold out from under me. (Fortunately Cam ended up selling his March 2011 model with only 2500Km on it and about $5,000 worth of extras.

We also did our usual trip to the Queensland Masters Tennis, on the Gold coast, which I go as the photographer and driver and this trip is good to catch-up with the cousies living over there. I haven’t sold the Big Red yet but it’s early days as I never put it up for sale until this month anyway.

All in all it’s been a good year.

Submit "2011 In Retrospect" to Digg Submit "2011 In Retrospect" to del.icio.us Submit "2011 In Retrospect" to StumbleUpon Submit "2011 In Retrospect" to Google Submit "2011 In Retrospect" to reddit Submit "2011 In Retrospect" to Facebook

Categories
Personal entry

Comments

What happened to the low point of behaving like a **** on the MDA Ride?