View RSS Feed

VampGirl

what happened to the handlebars?

Rate this Entry
my scooter fell over in the wind last night (yay wellington) when i picked it up and took off the cover the handlebars had moved down, like they were knocked down out of place with a hammer. Anyway i started it up and rode it somewhere more sheltered and it rode fine except the handlebars were closer to the seat and made it difficult to turn tight corners. Anyone know what the heck happened to them?

Submit "what happened to the handlebars?" to Digg Submit "what happened to the handlebars?" to del.icio.us Submit "what happened to the handlebars?" to StumbleUpon Submit "what happened to the handlebars?" to Google Submit "what happened to the handlebars?" to reddit Submit "what happened to the handlebars?" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You got any pics ? might give us a clue as to why they have moved, any signs that maybe its been knocked over by a vehicle & not blowen over by the wind
    its more how it feels when you sit on the bike
    Plus i cant figure out how to get the pics onto the post but they are in my profile under my attatchments if you want to see
    im not too sure about scooter handlebars but... do they have two bolts going through brackes holding them in place? just untighten em and move em back.
    but im not too sure as ive never seen them before.
    Can't see any pictures under your attachments?
    i did say i couldnt figure out the photo thing.

anyway, i'll admit i fiddled a bit and unscrewd a couple of screws, pushed some bits around, and now the scooter is spending the night at richards motorcycle service in j.ville, as i was unsuccessful in my attempts, so thanks for your suggestions, sorry about the pictures (guess i need to read the help page again) hopefully its not going to take too long, though when i was riding the scooter to the shop, everytime i turned a corner i kept hitting my knees, it was like rideing a kids bike. hope you all have a great weekend!
    sounds like the force of the landing has pushed the handlebars sideways through the clamps and or maybe bent them.Not ssure you can attach pics in a blog you can link to a pic on the web though...i know you can post pics tho...i seen them!