View RSS Feed

actungbaby

Honda vfr 750FN (rc36) usa model my project

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
Well am kinda vfr 750 owner well i feel like one once i get my one running its got front end yanked of and been doing all sorts
bad behaviour with her damm am wicked

I even started her with no water in the rad and she was sweet about it for few mins ran her , since taken the
fairing stay of and speedo rev counter she refuses to start must got the pip

Oh just because got her naked in the shed gezz i must cover her over poor baby
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02157.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	428.3 KB 
ID:	255416  

Submit "Honda vfr 750FN (rc36) usa model my project" to Digg Submit "Honda vfr 750FN (rc36) usa model my project" to del.icio.us Submit "Honda vfr 750FN (rc36) usa model my project" to StumbleUpon Submit "Honda vfr 750FN (rc36) usa model my project" to Google Submit "Honda vfr 750FN (rc36) usa model my project" to reddit Submit "Honda vfr 750FN (rc36) usa model my project" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I sorta wanted tho this blog to be make it interesting to read

So far as a heads up people , I Brought t a Honda VFr 750 FN Sight unseen accident damaged bike

Plus so far good people i dealt with ex owner people that helped in there own time to move the bike

Cost of bike 906.00 nz dollars 252.00 for transport costs

When got the bike it looked much better than i expected no hidden issues , apart from damaged front disc rotor
    So in a month or so that i have owned, it i got it insured stipped the broken parts , the easy part , i have to say so.
    far apart from freight costs from the uk where brought most of the parts been awsome experiece .

This site been great to i recommend if you bike got damaged and you love it think about fixing it
    Even if you buy back from insurance company cheap .

You do have to watch parts though if brought new this bike whould on paper be write of.

But you dont have to buy everthing new and alot bikes get written of just beacuse cosmetic damage
    To fairings etc mine need repair for sure, but as example front mudguard if i was loaded
    Id go of get new one , its broken in 4 diffrent dircections but it still held in one piece , abs plastic is quite strong after for years hearing it was cheap rubbish and just used it for cost
    its lighter than fiber glass as well.

Guy at plastic welders told me to keep it as i brought second hand one from uk wreaker
    it was going be 180.00 to get fixed but be like new apart from needing repaint

But for the main fairing will be worth getting main fairing welded ,as i got price for fairing upper

one of 262.00 usa which is good value but lower was 462.oo usa so you pick your battles
    carefully and you win .

At present i going just get bike working .
    And i will go from there get second hand forks in and leave triple clamps again will have second hand set here in 2 weeks time ordered with the forks . front guard, left brake rotor , right foot rest support (need a foot rest Missing ) i was going get foot rest support welded as just where peg and pin support that broken but as i got a complete part second hand i leaving it for know.

So apart from a headlight and way to support it my bike should be up to wof stand in 2 weeks time
    From being wreak that didnt even roll on its own wheels

It be big event when sounds daft but i can actailly roll the bike let alone ride it

I had to make it worse to make it better if you follow my drift well not drfit as am not that brave hehe

So to make matter easy for me Am going slid the new forks in and tighten everthing up and go for
    A ride and see how bike feels chassis wise then if its all good take sterring head aprart
    Change the fork oil , set up the left disc brake , other wise it may be bike frame is bent if it handles like crap
    And i whould worked on only to have to take it all apart get new frame , just playing it safe here

Oh doesint anyone know how to fill the cooling system up from empty, is it the same as a car system
    I heard was pressurized and just filled from coolant bottle ,it said so in the little book that was in the bike(owners hand book)

I know its a 50/50 mix glacol water mix use any product ? bike stuff ?

I planed to run the motor while pouring in the mix slowly and swezzing the hoses to make sure no air bubbles
    stayed in this all though the radiator cap on rad itself while bike was idling , doesint appear rad whould hold more than littre of water at most but be more in around the motor jackets inisde the engine

Anyways its of to my other job volunterring at the hospital

So Have good day and i plan for next day when i can work the bike again

Sounds like you're pretty much onto it - top the radiator up, cap on, run it till the thermostat opens, then gently squeeze the hoses, cap off, top up, repeat if necessary.
    Hopefully it won't stink of some slight coolant leak every time it's hot, for months afterwards, like my 800 does...

Can't remember about the 750 (only chnaged the coolant once), but on the 800 there's a drain on the left front cylinder head that you're supposed to use when draining the system, so that all the old crap gets out. Last two changes, wasn't able to get it out, so left it alone rather than risk breaking it.

Thanks mate so much yes was thinking along those lines from utube video of vfr 750 owner undid that bolt and not much came out like cap full ;-) mind you amso dumb i just took hose of
    When should just indone the bolt by the water pump ;-)

speaking of which i got invited to vrf users group but what does it mean cant seem find any areas to go too ..

and too broke to buy the flash coolent 20.00 bucks hehe oh dear, just well am sick as dog with the flu then or be really frustrated ..
    yes mine does stink of coolant its not pleasant smell is it oh well i splashed water over the rad to get rid the green water trapped in the fins
    but still smells and steams a bit but hope good run get rid of that

I just spent total of 919.00 in parts and climbing
    and have not got any of them fitted yet on there way

so far got 2x forks
    2x tripple clamps
    1x front axle
    that was 600.00 with posatge
    piad for and on there way as of 16/2/12

paid for these this week all of ebay

1x screen
    1x exhust headers front and back all the pipes apart from
    muffler which is fine
    1x left brake disc
    cost these is 319.00 with posatge

anyone needs parts of my old system let me know the front headers are stuffed but rears and collector are fine just bit of surface rust
    i dont want money for them just to a good home

At last the forks are here but thinking buying some usd ones kawaski zx 400 41mm think they will just bolt up nice

In mean time tryed work on my rc 36 last night over tired. just went in circles my tied brain didnt compute that i left out some spacers even though i was thinking that werid i got no spacers there hehe oh well wondered why front disc was hard agasint the right fork leg

Okay back to the bike