View RSS Feed

Ambling around

New boots

Rate this Entry
I finally got some waterproof boots today, and right in the middle of a typhoon too, so I used them straight away. I've been wanting to get a these for about a year now but whenever I go and check they never have my size. My feet aren't even huge or anything (a little over size 10) but finding shoes of my size in Japan is bloody hard. They offer to order them for me but I'd have to buy them and I didn't want to do that without trying them first.
There were a bunch of snazzier looking boots there of course, but I was drawn to their simple design and chunkier (ie. real) leather. I also wanted something that could pass for a normal shoe to wear at work rather than a huge booooot. I was hoping that the wrap around strap at the top sticks out enough to be a good anchor for the elastic around the ankle of my rain pants. That turned out to be not the case, but otherwise they are working fine.

I also splashed out on a nice cover for the Ducati, which will arrive tomorrow. It's been a slow two weeks, and now this is like the night before Christmas when I was 8 years old! The typhoon is peaking right now - it was originally forecast to peak tomorrow which would be right when said bike arrives and that pissed me off. However as it is, tomorrow morning will be shit, then it will clear up at midday for the delivery. And yes, I can be that confident because the weather is not as fickle as NZ's. The weather forecast is rarely wrong within 24 hours.
We will be going for a ride with some friends of my wife's in the weekend, still haven't decided whether we will camp overnight with them or not yet though.

Submit "New boots" to Digg Submit "New boots" to del.icio.us Submit "New boots" to StumbleUpon Submit "New boots" to Google Submit "New boots" to reddit Submit "New boots" to Facebook

Categories
Bike Gear

Comments