View RSS Feed

Marius Elvenwood

3. What does a true Kiwibiker need? A bike, of course.

Rate this Entry
I've been away from the internet for almost a week. The only opportunities I get are at the library or when I burn the credit on my phone to check my emails. But what a week it's been.
I bought my first road bike, hooray! Brand new suzuki GN125H, Good for learners, good for concerned relatives afraid I might splatter my brains out as soon as it leaves the driveway. Comfortable seat (I wish I could say the same about the new motorbike pants I bought recently) and easy to control.
So far i've ridden 45k. The first couple of times I rode down the street were the worst, I was extremely nervous, but slowly and surely fear is wearing down to nervous caution.
I'm glad i can call myself a true Kiwibiker now at least!
See you on the road!

Submit "3. What does a true Kiwibiker need? A bike, of course." to Digg Submit "3. What does a true Kiwibiker need? A bike, of course." to del.icio.us Submit "3. What does a true Kiwibiker need? A bike, of course." to StumbleUpon Submit "3. What does a true Kiwibiker need? A bike, of course." to Google Submit "3. What does a true Kiwibiker need? A bike, of course." to reddit Submit "3. What does a true Kiwibiker need? A bike, of course." to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Well done on the purchase.
    Mrs Berg started on a GN (abet the 250 version) and put about 12,000kms on it before updating to a larger bike. She said it was a fantastic learner bike and she learnt lots riding it.
    Enjoy your new found freedom
    Quote Originally Posted by Berg
    Well done on the purchase.
    Mrs Berg started on a GN (abet the 250 version) and put about 12,000kms on it before updating to a larger bike. She said it was a fantastic learner bike and she learnt lots riding it.
    Enjoy your new found freedom
    Cheers!
    Already i'm having lots of fun and i've barely owned it for 3 weeks. I've noticed how many GN250's there are around town, they are quite popular. They are almost like the big brother to my wee 125. Maybe in the distant future i'll upgrade to something larger, but never over 600cc.
    Freedom. That's the perfect word to describe it. Thanks.