View RSS Feed

Shiny side up

2013 Child cancer toy run Cambridge to Hamilton

Rate this Entry
It was the Cambridge to Hamilton Child cancer toy run this morning. I offered to take a friend of mine with me. She has a brain tumor and we never know if she has weeks or months left. She was VERY excited about having her first ride on a motorbike. As I went to leave to collect her the clutch cable on my bike snapped. No shops open etc.... I was just about in tears (don't tell anyone that) with disappointment for her. I made a comment on FB about it and next thing a friend turns up (from Eureka) with a clutch cable from another old bike. he says "I know it is not the correct cable but if anyone can make it work you will" and then leaves. I bent a couple of brackets and used a couple of bolts and cable ties and made it fit (even had some adjustment) Jumped on the bike, picked up my friend and made it over the Cambridge for the start of the run. even got there before the chap that lent me the cable. My friend (the lass with the brain tumor) was absolutely thrilled with the ride..... Now I am sitting here feeling very pleased with myself. (but I am going to have to go and get a good coffee)

Submit "2013 Child cancer toy run Cambridge to Hamilton" to Digg Submit "2013 Child cancer toy run Cambridge to Hamilton" to del.icio.us Submit "2013 Child cancer toy run Cambridge to Hamilton" to StumbleUpon Submit "2013 Child cancer toy run Cambridge to Hamilton" to Google Submit "2013 Child cancer toy run Cambridge to Hamilton" to reddit Submit "2013 Child cancer toy run Cambridge to Hamilton" to Facebook

Tags: toy run
Categories
General Bike Ravings

Comments

...and aint that what it's all about......well done mate, you made someones day.
    awesome, well done you and your mate from Eureka.
    Well done
    Good on you dude !!!