View RSS Feed

aimee

Things I've learned, learning to ride

Rate this Entry

This post is dedicated to my lovely friends, the gorgeous Lina and her marvellous Johnny. Lina’s in the process of learning to ride a motorbike, and I thought it would be good to write some down of my experiences thus far as an encouragement to stick with it.

Hopefully, it’ll be useful to others too!

Also: boo sucks to boys having all the fun! We need more ladies on bikes…

Some background - I've never been interested in learning to ride a motorbike but, following my return from the Mongol Rally last year, I bought a wee GN125H (a cheap and fabulous learner bike, although I've since moved up to something bigger) on impulse.

I’m 30 and female and not even a hectic bicycler, all of which means I am a) not brilliant on two wheels and b) not possessed of the recklessness/fearlessness one sees in younger/maler people I’ve never thought of myself as having excellent balance, either.

So! 6 months in, and what I’ve learned (so far). Enjoy! And there’s a special treat for people who get to the bottom…

Read More

Submit "Things I've learned, learning to ride" to Digg Submit "Things I've learned, learning to ride" to del.icio.us Submit "Things I've learned, learning to ride" to StumbleUpon Submit "Things I've learned, learning to ride" to Google Submit "Things I've learned, learning to ride" to reddit Submit "Things I've learned, learning to ride" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments