View RSS Feed

Stink Racing

ZXRD400 rebuild

Rate this Entry
The 400 has been rebuilt and tested and some problems were found. I decided a complete strip and reassembly was the best idea.
A thorough check and test of every step lead to the conclusion that the engine itself is fine. No air at all.
The carbs however were a different story. I did a LOT of research into the carbs and discovered that there isn't a lot of places to find the information required to check everything.
When I did find the info it pointed to the reasons for it not running well. With the assumptions about what connects where based on both LC carbs, TZR carbs and various other two strokers the carbs had been connected wrong.
With this now sorted the bike runs better but very rich. Hopefully the GPR Team will sort this in the next month. I'm hoping to take it to the Battle of the Buckets in October.

Yes the front number board is huge - it's the size of the top fairing frame. The top fairing and bits have not been made yet.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	377.9 KB 
ID:	287479  

Submit "ZXRD400 rebuild" to Digg Submit "ZXRD400 rebuild" to del.icio.us Submit "ZXRD400 rebuild" to StumbleUpon Submit "ZXRD400 rebuild" to Google Submit "ZXRD400 rebuild" to reddit Submit "ZXRD400 rebuild" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments