View RSS Feed

The Qkkies Page

Qkkid does his first Pillion

Rate this Entry
Its been a while in the making......

Every single time we have had to or decided to 2-up, I have always been the rider in control. However a milestone happened on Friday night, where I grit my teeth and let Qkkid take the reigns.

To be honest I really enjoyed being a pillion! He did a great job, only a couple of small jabs in the ribs to remind him I'm on the back. To tell the truth it was the first time for me on the back seat of a sports bike looking well over the riders head. The only other time was with my Dad on the back of his K100 BMW but they only have a one-piece (one level) seat with huge handgrips on the sides. I really noticed the height difference and the first instinct was to put my feet down at the first set of lights. Another thing I noticed was the feeling of 'flying off the back' but this disappears after a hour or so and you can sit there and just use your feet on the pegs to control your weight balance. But I'd be damned if I could find anything on the bike to hold onto physically. The bike doesn't have luggage bars or factory fitted handgrips (unlike the earlier bikes like the GPZ/GPX, CBRF2, GSXRF etc..) thankfully Qkkid has had a Ventura Rack fitted and I found leverage from holding to the lugs. I think a small investment of $30-50 for a pillion bar that clips into the rack system would be money well spent and have ask for a quote for one on the ZX10R.

So when are we going to do the Coro Loop 2-up hun?

As for 2-up on the R1? Even tho it is handles a wee bit better than the ZX10R the seating position was designed for a 4" Japanese lady......... Can you imagine sitting on a seat the size of a phone book with your knees up close to your ears?

Submit "Qkkid does his first Pillion" to Digg Submit "Qkkid does his first Pillion" to del.icio.us Submit "Qkkid does his first Pillion" to StumbleUpon Submit "Qkkid does his first Pillion" to Google Submit "Qkkid does his first Pillion" to reddit Submit "Qkkid does his first Pillion" to Facebook

Categories
Survival Skills

Comments

Nothing beats being a pillion! I totally understand. Man all these stuff drives me crazy. I think to be better you need to control that adrenalin rush, I learned to control that through Dahn Yoga. It worked for some days, and then it came back again!