View RSS Feed

KoroJ's Blog

On Any Sunday

Rate this Entry
Today was my 1st ride for about 3 weeks as we went to Melbourne for the 1st week of the Aussy Tennis Open. I'm not really a tennis fan but Nanny Ann is and I guess the top echelons of any sport are worth watching...although I did keep a book handy, just in case.

After reading banditRider's Blog yesterday and being reminded that the Chateau to Plateau was on today, I considered joining that ride but it would have meant having a 1,000Km day, and as the bike wasn't really prepared with only a 1,000 or so K's left in the front, I decided to give it a miss and join the Ulysses ride to Lake Wairarapa.

I managed to get away from home at about 0920, topped-up at Caltex Kaiwhara' and pootled out to Brown Owl to meet up with 7 other bikes. We eventually left there just before 1020 taking it easy over the hill as there was a bit of drizzle at Kaitoke, some fog at the summit and the temp bottomed at 13°, but the weather cleared and we regrouped at Featherstone with no incidents. From there we rode around the lake, then headed into Martinborough, turning off just before there to nip up to the windfarm and add a few more K's on to the trip before going into Martinborough for lunch.

Initially we went to the pub but after pouring the first beer, the girl advised that they weren't cooking. I thought that was poor form so we wandered along to the Wine place and got a coffee and snack there.

After chatting for awhile, the rest headed for home but I took the back road past Gladstone and went to Masterton to visit my Mum, spent about an hour with her then pootled back over the hill myself, getting home around 1630, 300'ish Kms for the day and a most pleasant way to spend a Sunday.

Submit "On Any Sunday" to Digg Submit "On Any Sunday" to del.icio.us Submit "On Any Sunday" to StumbleUpon Submit "On Any Sunday" to Google Submit "On Any Sunday" to reddit Submit "On Any Sunday" to Facebook

Categories
Personal entry

Comments