View RSS Feed

KoroJ's Blog

Blog for Blog's Sake...Riding for God's Sake

Rate this Entry
This was a mixed week. I was given a picture of my great-grandparents with my grandfather, taken when he was 3 or 4 so I would estimate it was taken around 1885 and rates highly with me as a family treasure.

On the other hand, I went to Motomart to get a spare key for the bike and after booking in, I was supposed to be there for 20-30 minutes while they programmed it.......but 3½ hours later I was spewing and left without a key. What made it worse was that I was told two different stories as to why it wasn't happening and it would have helped if they had offered me a demo until they sorted the problem. It certainly reinforced my decision to never have a bike serviced there.

Saturday I rode over to my sister's place, out of Greytown, to celebrate mum's 83rd birthday. The wind was a bit puffy but it was a great day and nice ride, except for around Kaitoke where they'd resealed the road and chips were flying everywhere. I must say, I've been really enjoying tripping over the 'hill' since I put the Avon Storm on the front.

Sunday I had to be up early and at Chaffers Marina by 0700 hrs to carry a technical marshall on the Wellington leg of the triathlon series, which includes an age-group race and an international elite race. We had six bikes spread through the field to monitor that the riders didn't draught. It makes for a different sort of ride but was a bit short so I returned home by riding around the bays, over to Karori and out past Makara and through the Ohariu Valley to Johnsonville. Once home I did some final prep for the Mini's Return ride next week and I'll be taking the bike in tomorrow for it's pre-check/service.

Submit "Blog for Blog's Sake...Riding for God's Sake" to Digg Submit "Blog for Blog's Sake...Riding for God's Sake" to del.icio.us Submit "Blog for Blog's Sake...Riding for God's Sake" to StumbleUpon Submit "Blog for Blog's Sake...Riding for God's Sake" to Google Submit "Blog for Blog's Sake...Riding for God's Sake" to reddit Submit "Blog for Blog's Sake...Riding for God's Sake" to Facebook

Categories
Personal entry

Comments