View RSS Feed

The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes

Hillclimb fun

Rate this Entry
So I volunteered to give The Tazman a break from the timing system for the Hillclimb so he could have a go himself.

Arrived nice and early and set shit up, entered day entry's etc, miss Number One arrived so of course the bull-shit basically starts from there, yabba yabba yabba!!

I plonk myself and laptop down by the gate, Gary makes sure everything is a go and we're ready for the first run, until we realise that the way I will be getting the times and bike numbers will be over the walkie talkie from the top of the hill, and I have to convert the minutes into seconds to record in the system, ahh, crap, I'm going to need some help. Thankfully Sherie darling didn't have anyone to taxi up the hill yet so she offered to give me a hand.

A few glitches, late entries, stupid questions, printer not working etc started to play on our nerves and the tempers were starting to get a bit short, so thankfully (for us) only four runs were had on Saturday, and we hoped that we would do better tomorrow when things really mattered!!

Finally made it down to the rally, pitched our tent with some direction from Koba who was obviously a boy scout, and then proceeded to drink some nice cold Tui and talk copious amounts of shit and laugh til it hurt. Dinner was had, the band played (badly), some extra singing was done, the toilets got full to almost over flowing, talk of bleached bum holes and the mouth being a filthy place followed, gate crashed a séance, bathed a raving Scotsman in sweet smelling sticky stuff, and then went to bed.

Up bright and early, had breakfast and then us girls had to take a little mercy mission to get petrol, supplies and to make a deposit.
Back with pies and petrol to find everyone else's men had unpitched their tents etc, except mine!! Geeze!!

Finally made it to the pits to find that lovely Number One woman organising everyone and setting up our camp for the day. Gary had worked all night to get a few glitches sorted and to get the printer plugged into the laptop, bloody sanity saver!!!

The kids took off up the road finally on their bikes and we were joined by the lovely Barry who was MCing for the day. Things not going too bad, until the clouds rolled in and a few spits were felt and we decided we'd better move the electronic bits into the caravan. Thankfully Carolyn appeared out of nowhere at this point to help us shift while still trying to record times (Thank you so much!). So all set up in our new digs, it rained for a few minutes, but we decided it wasn't too bad in there, a bit quieter and less disturbances. Thankfully my spunky hubby was hanging around and helped us out with the computer too so us girls could actually grab a bite to eat and go to the loo (thanks hun).
The rest of the day was pretty uneventful really apart from watching people's times dropping and their smiles getting wider, very cool!!
Well done everyone, congrats to the winners, but I think in some way everyone who rode out there were winners.

So we went on home with the windows open to try to dilute the headache inspiring stench of petrol that had been spilled in our car, it's meant to go in the gas tank boys, not on the back seat floor!!
I have to say I'm almost inspired to enter next year, maybe not Pamela, but definitely on the hornier Hornet!!! Watch this space......

Submit "Hillclimb fun" to Digg Submit "Hillclimb fun" to del.icio.us Submit "Hillclimb fun" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hillclimb fun" to Google Submit "Hillclimb fun" to reddit Submit "Hillclimb fun" to Facebook

Categories
Personal entry

Comments