View RSS Feed

*Boot's*

How does everyone else keep their bike safe?

Rate this Entry
I recently had my bike stolen from me…. It had no w.o.f. or registration but looked like it did have no idea what happened between when it left the property and when I found it (was down the road in a concrete sewer pipe in one of the local park's) Anyway Now I have it back I have started to strip it down. Will be getting her ready for w.o.f. and ergo but while she's in pieces I have decided to paint everything…. so out came engine paint exhaust paint wheels are going to be sent off to be powder coated etc etc etc….. While this is being done does anyone have any ideas for motorcycle protection? Alarms? GPS? little things to do to it so people won't be able to use it even if they do steal it? Can the computer be some how modified so it can pony be used with that engine etc etc?

Submit "How does everyone else keep their bike safe?" to Digg Submit "How does everyone else keep their bike safe?" to del.icio.us Submit "How does everyone else keep their bike safe?" to StumbleUpon Submit "How does everyone else keep their bike safe?" to Google Submit "How does everyone else keep their bike safe?" to reddit Submit "How does everyone else keep their bike safe?" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

On your property. Ground anchor and chain , or secure garage.
    Out and about chain or disc lock.

Both these just make it harder for the opportunists so that they won't bother.

You can also use datatag, alphadot, smartwater etc...so that if it is stolen the bike and it's major components can be traced. Makes it more expensive for professional thieves to steal and sell on the bike in bits.
    I always use and Abus lock and 'wire loop' (the very difficult to cut type) round the rear wheel and frame.
    But the bike has a (matched key only) immobiliser built into the ECU... So it cant be started without the key, period.