View RSS Feed

Selected ponderings from my life

More projects...

Rate this Entry
Have found a donor bike for my oldest sons crashed NV400. I need a frame (his is bent after he decided to ride in to a roundabout in front of a car...), handlebars, instruments, straight tank, muffler and some other ods and sods. The one I have found is spray bomb painted matt black and out of the system. But runs and is straight. So this coming w/e I will travel to pick her up. 5 hours one way. The things you do for your kids. Have told him that this is the last time... right! So then I will assemble, get a new WOF and update the papers with the "new" frame details. After that strip and get painted decently. And then he can have it. (After I have had time to give her a good test ride...)

But as I was looking on TM I also "found a bargain"... a 90cc dirtbike for one of my kids. Needs some work. But price was too good to let go. So will pick that one up too. It's "on the road". Well sort of. Just adds 3 hours to my travels... So I will now add that one to the other ones waiting for me to get them together. At last count I had 12 in my workshops waiting patiently. (One a PW 50 that I grabbed last w/e when travelling to PN to have look at some car part. Was too good a deal to let slip...) But as one of my mates always says: "You can't rush these things, they take the time they need". And with a house lacking a female we can do these things and nobody is there to complain. We also leave the toilet seat up permanently. On all 3 toilets.

I should really put some of the projects together and sell off as that is always the reason I get them. To put together, ride for a short while to make sure all works well, then do a final tidy up and sell of. All the small bikes I sell of are always in better condition when I finally sell them then how we use them. And after I have done the final tidy up they normally look really nice. And I get attached to them. I find my self looking at a 125cc dirtbike and thinking: "She is a really nice bike actually. I don't want to sell her!!" My oldest has now sussed out what goes on inside my head at those moments and he confronts me with: "Dad! You love big custom bikes. This is just a small jap bike. For gods sake, imagine what your old mates would say if they knew you are sitting here watching a small jap bike and drinking a beer!" And that tends to wake me up. But it still always hurts when the bike is loaded up on a trailer and I know that is the last I see of her. Still, there is always another one needing my attention...

Submit "More projects..." to Digg Submit "More projects..." to del.icio.us Submit "More projects..." to StumbleUpon Submit "More projects..." to Google Submit "More projects..." to reddit Submit "More projects..." to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments