View RSS Feed

A New Beginning - A New Biker

The Beginning

Rate this Entry
Along with many nooby questions asked by yours truely on the KiwiBiker website, I also noobed around all of the bike stores in Auckland, well, most of them anyway. After looking/sitting on/dribbling (good three cups of salliva)/price checks, I finally set my heart on a Honda CBR250RR(R), MC22. I came very close to deciding on a Hyosung GT250R, however countless reviews and feedback persuaded me to steer clear... Steel frame, low power, dodgy braking systems... the list goes on, just not what I need.

The bike that I purchased was an insurance write-off, I purchased the motorcycle under the terms that there is a chance that the frame may be bent, which I thought wouldn't be the case, since it was just minor fairing damage. However, this turned out to kick me in the arse.

After a lot of asking around once again, I got in contact with Alex who came around to perform the test to ensure that the vehicle is roadworthy, or at least moving in a straight line. Well, my baby isn't straight, it's gay. The two wheels are not parrallel with each other. Darnit.

But nevertheless, I have done countless calculations and it will still turn out to be cheaper than purchasing a Rego/WOF'd motorcycle, where the CBR's around my KM's (50,000) average around the $4500-$5000 mark, where as the bike I have now will cost me all up, including on road costs, about $4300.

More to come as I continue to get my baby on the road.

Submit "The Beginning" to Digg Submit "The Beginning" to del.icio.us Submit "The Beginning" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Beginning" to Google Submit "The Beginning" to reddit Submit "The Beginning" to Facebook

Comments

They are great bikes, stick with it you will love it when its on the road.