View RSS Feed

Scubbo

fun with rear tires on front wheel supermoto offroad @_O

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Thought i'd try out what others have done overseas, put some kenda k270's onto the drz400SM rims --- couldnt break the bead myself so had Botany Honda do it, they did a great job.

offroad (rutty clay on construction sites) they performed great, front is a bit sketchy but the drz seems to climb over some pretty gnarly terrain with them on

Onroad they're great, able to cruise at 100kph with no worries, tight corners are fine (back starts to slide out before the front and very predictable) wet roads they seem fine too, predictable slip and easy to manage -- one thing I really notice is the front wheel has major gyro pulling the bike upright so you fight it a bit more on washboard gravel but the actual grip from the tires are great

a small off when driving through deep rutted clay proved to much for my CNELL pants... have to say they're shit for the price, stitching on the belt on one side popped off a while ago and now the thy stitching just gave way

anyway, for the price of the tires, i'd highly recommend them if you want to do a bit of offroad while still having great onroad exploration, was thinking of getting a set of 21/18 for my drz but after doing this, its more than enough for what I want to do and CAN do

Submit "fun with rear tires on front wheel supermoto offroad @_O" to Digg Submit "fun with rear tires on front wheel supermoto offroad @_O" to del.icio.us Submit "fun with rear tires on front wheel supermoto offroad @_O" to StumbleUpon Submit "fun with rear tires on front wheel supermoto offroad @_O" to Google Submit "fun with rear tires on front wheel supermoto offroad @_O" to reddit Submit "fun with rear tires on front wheel supermoto offroad @_O" to Facebook

Categories
Personal entry

Comments