View RSS Feed

Gravelrashgreen

Stand for a single sided swingarm Ducati

Rate this Entry
Hi guys, I recently became the proud owner of a 2010 monster S2R, great bike and I am loving it but servicing the chain/sprockets or even removing the rear wheel is proving to be a bit of a problem. After looking at what is available I have come to the conclusion that the 'Pit Bull Hybrid Stand' is what I need, problem is none in NZ stocks it and it will cost a small fortune to get shipped from the US. I have had some fitting/welding experience as well as many years as a mechanic (in a previous life down in the Naki) and am wondering if anyone in the Whangarei area would be interested in a small engineering project?

Submit "Stand for a single sided swingarm Ducati" to Digg Submit "Stand for a single sided swingarm Ducati" to del.icio.us Submit "Stand for a single sided swingarm Ducati" to StumbleUpon Submit "Stand for a single sided swingarm Ducati" to Google Submit "Stand for a single sided swingarm Ducati" to reddit Submit "Stand for a single sided swingarm Ducati" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I bought my stand from a company in Paeroa "House of custom"
    http://houseofcustom.co.nz/

Had mind for my VFR for a year now and it's done me well. Would no doubt cost you more to engineer one for yourself. They are also on trademe.

Cheers
    Have you had the back wheel off yet ?
    The double ended sockets off eBay are good as are the quick change sprocket carriers to save removing the central retaining nut.
    The torque for the wheel nut is high enough doing it on a stand might be tricky, putting a small zip tie through the ends of the nut retaining clip is good for peace of mind also (If you don't do it already)