View RSS Feed

The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes

Pammy does Kaitoke.

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Trudes View Post
I hadn't ridden Pammy since the last points round at the Slipway, had started her a couple of times to check she still would (with quite a bit of prompting and pushing) and had changed a few things since. She had broken her clutch lever when she'd had a little lie down so I had replaced that but hadn't had a chance to check and adjust it so that it engaged properly. I had also replaced both fork seals as one was leaking, but when I'd replaced the leaky one discovered that there was only a few mils of grotty looking fork oil in the fork, so decided to do both forks and fill them up with oil, guessing at oil levels and weight, so they hadn't been tested either.
So we arrived at Kaitoke for our first go at riding this track. Had some starting issues until uncle Skunk came over and prodded her into life. He discovered that I'd been starting her with the choke off and riding her with it on.... this could explain a few of the starting and running issues I'd been having with her!!! (Insert dumb blond moment!).
So we headed out on the track for a practice session. Kendog and I were the only true B grade riders for the day so were chucked in with the fast guys of A grade, shite!! We were doing reverse direction of the track which is fine considering I'd never ridden it the other way round anyway, all good, only one real tricky corner that I noticed a few others doing the same thing I did once, running wide out of the very tight left hander heading up the hill and running off onto the grass, managed to save it and get back on the track without any issues and carry on our merry way. Kendog came in with rear wheel issues, so I was left to represent the slow arses on my own.
Pammy started fine for the next session thanks to Skunk's belief in my ability to be able to push start her on my own, so hopefully that issue has been solved. I had adjusted the clutch a little, but will have another little play with it when I have some time as it still doesn't engage fast enough for my liking and the forks seemed fine.
So we did three more 10 lap sessions (well, we got lapped several times each time, so was probably more like 8 lap sessions for us) with the crazy fast guys, much Pammy sandwiching and high speed corner passing maneuvers done on us, but no body really did anything nasty, so it was all good. Decided at lunch time that we'd had enough fun for one day, offered up Pammy's services for anyone who wanted to have a go on her and buggered off home.
Really enjoyed the track, certainly makes you think and keeps one on one's toes, I think I would have enjoyed it more if I'd had someone else about my pace to try and keep up with, but hey, we still had a good time and Pammy came home unscathed and unmolested! Also Pammy behaved herself well and went good aside from some strange rattling noise that I can't seem to put my finger on as to what it is or where it's coming from, she also feels 'loose' (yes, I know, it IS Pamela after all) while cornering and has a mild shaking in the front end at speed (hahahaha, Pammy+speed= )
One more go at the Slipway this weekend then it's time to change her gearbox oil, lube some cables and give her a clean up before hitting the Taupo spectacular over Xmas!!

Submit "Pammy does Kaitoke." to Digg Submit "Pammy does Kaitoke." to del.icio.us Submit "Pammy does Kaitoke." to StumbleUpon Submit "Pammy does Kaitoke." to Google Submit "Pammy does Kaitoke." to reddit Submit "Pammy does Kaitoke." to Facebook

Comments