View RSS Feed

gijoe1313's Blogs

Finally getting back into the swing of things!

Rate this Entry
Well last year I was clobbered at school in the back of the head around March. By a frikken frisbee. Concussed me so badly I was off school for two terms and still hadn't come right by the 3rd term. Couldn't concentrate, talk or walk properly for that time and just trying to string a thought together was mayhem on the brain.

Wifey basically had a zombie for a hubby and it was a while before things came right.

Of course no riding a bike, that was blardy hard bejesus for somebody like me. From casual rides off to Wellington on a whim to just starting the bikes up to hear their engines

But of course, I was patient, thought about how lucky I had it compared to others so just bide my time until I got the all clear from the quacks.

And now, after testing the waters (so to speak) I began my rehabilitation and regaining that affinity with my iron steed of freedom again. It was blissful feeling the bikes respond to the inputs, how they helped me get around corners and remind me of what I should be doing.

Didn't die the first time out and boy was it good feeling the wind again, the smack of suiciding insects on helmet and body. The smell of the road and the ol'spidey sense coming in to play. Feels great to ride back out to places I haven't seen or been in over a year (or two). Will be making haste slowly and just build my riding fitness back to where it doesn't feel like my wrist has been twisted or over-gripping the handles ... little things like that!

Nice to ride with mates again, guys like TOTO and PrincessBandit ... and dare I say it? Gremlin

Nice to eat fish and chips at Kaiaua.

Nice to carve some corners to Port Waikato.

Nice to lane split between the vehicles on the parking lot that is the highway.

Just blardy nice to ride once again!

Been a whiles updating this blog of mine, hope it continues in a more continuous flow and not missing a whole year from now on!

Submit "Finally getting back into the swing of things!" to Digg Submit "Finally getting back into the swing of things!" to del.icio.us Submit "Finally getting back into the swing of things!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Finally getting back into the swing of things!" to Google Submit "Finally getting back into the swing of things!" to reddit Submit "Finally getting back into the swing of things!" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Haha, continuous flow. There will be a baby soon... and you think you get to keep on riding.

Haha