View RSS Feed

klingon's Blog

I think my Volty has had a seizure (1 December 08)

Rate this Entry
Rode to Clevedon with some friends on Saturday. Volty ran perfectly well with no sign of trouble. Went to leave the Clevedon Cafe after stopping for coffee and Volty just went "clunk!" when I tried to start her up.

We first thought it might be the battery so tried starting her with the battery from another bike, with the same result.

My friend thought maybe the starter had seized, so we removed the starter motor and tried to push-start her. As soon as he let the clutch out, everything just locked up. Engine didn't turn over at all.

Poor wee Volty had to be trailered back to town. She's just gone to Holeshot for them to take a look.

The funny thing is she showed no signs of trouble while I was riding. I would have thought that an engine that was about to seize would have shown some signs of being super-heated... but I didn't see, hear, feel or smell anything unusual.

I know she's only a little thumper but she's my Best Bike Ever. I hope she pulls through.

Submit "I think my Volty has had a seizure (1 December 08)" to Digg Submit "I think my Volty has had a seizure (1 December 08)" to del.icio.us Submit "I think my Volty has had a seizure (1 December 08)" to StumbleUpon Submit "I think my Volty has had a seizure (1 December 08)" to Google Submit "I think my Volty has had a seizure (1 December 08)" to reddit Submit "I think my Volty has had a seizure (1 December 08)" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized