View RSS Feed

EatOrBeEaten

Kiwibiker, how do I love you?

Rate this Entry
In a multitude of ways it seems.

The Good: The flood of offers to help fix up the Kwaka after my spill. Lots of guys all wanting to help out, lots of advice on dealing with insurance companies and the like. I'm not one of those cynical twats who thinks that it's by virtue of my feminine nature that's made people want to help out, I am genuinely thrilled at how people here are so keen on bikes and getting people on them

The Bad: I'm not sure how it's gone on here in the past but there seems to have been some amount of debate around these parts about who'll I'll end up with, what with being a solvent 20-something female who rides bikes and doesn't have a partner at present. What always amuses me/hacks me off in equal measure is that people I might genuinely be interested in meeting all seem to be the quiet types, and the, erm, not so suitable (for that read young enough to be my students/illiterate/desperate) are all over me (in a figurative sense). To be fair, this is how real life works too, but it's causing a mixture of , and . For the record, I am NOT a hooker (rugby or street), have no interest in becoming one, and I'm not going to have sex with you, at least not without a decent couple of dates and a drink or two.

The Ugly: What's with all the homophobia? I'm not a mega-PC-up-my-own-pomposity type, but come on people, it's 2009. Gay guys probably don't want to fuck you anyway, as they have some level of standards...

Submit "Kiwibiker, how do I love you?" to Digg Submit "Kiwibiker, how do I love you?" to del.icio.us Submit "Kiwibiker, how do I love you?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Kiwibiker, how do I love you?" to Google Submit "Kiwibiker, how do I love you?" to reddit Submit "Kiwibiker, how do I love you?" to Facebook

Categories
Personal entry

Comments

You get that haha.
    You are indeed the character.
    So you mean I have to wine you and dine you before I can 69 you?! Geez you foreigners play hard to get
    lol the internets full of keyboard heroes.if they met you IRL they would probably mutter something unintelligible,go red,and shuffle away.

then of course tell all their mates that you asked them for a shag but they turned you down....

ive met some nice ppl on here who i know as real friends having met them.its pretty easy to work out whos who after a while.

so hows that ZZR coming along?
    Couldn't agree more, on all three counts!

I think there is a certain level of "help her because she's a girl" but I also see many, many cases where blokes help other blokes on here - and HEAPS of genuine people who will help any biker.

And yes, there are those who seem to think that because you even glance their way it means they can get in your pants - and they do generally fit the stereotype of young, brash and stupid. That's their problem, but it can become just a wee bit tedious.

As for the gay-bashing and other exhibitions of intolerance, I find it useful to remind myself that there are still elements in our society who are that closed-minded. I don't know any in real life, but it's good to come on here and go "wow! These people really do exist!"