View RSS Feed

klingon's Blog

How to embarrass yourself in front of a truck driver

Rate this Entry
I was filtering between two lanes of stationary traffic today, at a red light. There was a light truck in the right lane, positioned all the way to the left of his lane. As I got closer I realised there was no way I was going to be able to get my mirror past his mirror, so I was going to be stuck between lanes when the lights changed.

But as I came up beside the truck, the driver saw the problem. Next thing I know his mirror was making a whirring sound and folding forward out of my way. At this point I may or may not have squealed with surprise.

Seeing my surprise, the driver started laughing, which gave me the giggles. We were both sitting there laughing away (with his passenger looking from one to the other of us with no idea what was going on) when the lights changed.

Thanks for your courtesy, Mr Truck Driver. And thank goodness for tinted visors and a quick getaway.

Submit "How to embarrass yourself in front of a truck driver" to Digg Submit "How to embarrass yourself in front of a truck driver" to del.icio.us Submit "How to embarrass yourself in front of a truck driver" to StumbleUpon Submit "How to embarrass yourself in front of a truck driver" to Google Submit "How to embarrass yourself in front of a truck driver" to reddit Submit "How to embarrass yourself in front of a truck driver" to Facebook

Comments

Hello Bikers Just thought that I should give you an update on the Wire Rope Barrier shields that I am developing. Ran into RED TAPE in September, it turns out that I cannot even mount my shields onto a Wire Rope barrier to trial them until the Manufacturer of the Wire Rope barrier gives me permission, As of last week I have managed to obtain permission from 2 of the 4 manufactureres.
    I am talking with one of them now about running tests, they have offered the Wire and Posts to me free of charge, I still have to find out where I can run the preliminary tests apart from the Wigram facility which charges about $ 40k per test.
    I will keep you updated.
    Regards
    Non Biker