View RSS Feed

Brutus's Blog

out from under the tin, ... again.

Rate this Entry
After 5 years of no bike I was asked to help pick up an Indian for a friend. I had to pillion on his other 2014 Indian Chief to go get it. took 5 mins before i was silently screaming in my lid. oh yeah. then i rode a Cheif. Having never ridden a "cruiser", it was the easiest bike I have ever ridden. A nice 50 min ride on the incredible torque machine back home had wanting more.
about two months later.
Wifey insisted I get another bike for sanity. so I got a 2007 Tiger that week.

Te Kuiti to Waihi in the wet was first ride. Nice.
a few getting to know the bike blats to Whangamata and Whiritoa after work has been a trial in holding back and learning to stop leaning forward and hanging off. Swoop n dive I think is an apt way to describe riding the Tiger.

Having just gone to and fro Gissy via the marvelous Waioeka gorge on first good run.

I found out i have no chicken strips and the found limits with the foot pegs.
Right no more hanging off, must look a bit goofy with panniers and top box.
Is this "english " bike teaching me to behave like a gentleman?

Swoop n dive it is.

Submit "out from under the tin,  ... again." to Digg Submit "out from under the tin,  ... again." to del.icio.us Submit "out from under the tin,  ... again." to StumbleUpon Submit "out from under the tin,  ... again." to Google Submit "out from under the tin,  ... again." to reddit Submit "out from under the tin,  ... again." to Facebook