View RSS Feed

pixelplay

My Honda CBR400RRn NC29 Project Bike - Introduction

Rate this Entry
I went crazy in the head a few months back as its been so long since I had a ride that I simply had to buy a bike. I am a bit of a fan of old school 400s and 250cc two strokes and often troll trademe and other online spots to see whats for sale out of curiosity (I am one of those people that watch auctions and don't bid often haha). While I was hunting a month of so back I came across a Honda CBR400RRN NC29 and the first thing that entered my head was the fun I had riding one at the dealership years back when I had no money to buy one and what a blast it was. So I went and had a look as the price seemed ok and ended up buying this awesome old bike that had not seen any love for many years.

So there she is, loaded in my people mover van ready to head to a new home. Did i forget to mention i had no decent place to work on this bike in? Well I didn't so it went into my ladies shed with all her stuff (Junk) that she stores. And my new task was finding a half decent garage to rent so i could work on me bikes.

So here she is in all her glory on the day I got her:

Yes shes as bad as she looks and worse. She runs ok but will need a decent overhaul.

Old school clock layout with proper analogue dials. even came pre-rusted for me.

yes that's corrosion on just about every casing, I am assuming a surfer dude owned this bike and parked it beside the sea for year after year.

yep the oil filter, forks and rear shock didn't escape the seaside atmosphere either.

Well used could be one way to put it.

The tank was one of the most sad parts on the bike and the rust was so bad it was holed. Normally on older bikes I find rust in the tank not more on the outside of it.

Anyway let the adventure begin, rego is on hold and the clock is now ticking. The fork rebuild begins here: https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/e...1-Fork-Rebuild

Submit "My Honda CBR400RRn NC29 Project Bike - Introduction" to Digg Submit "My Honda CBR400RRn NC29 Project Bike - Introduction" to del.icio.us Submit "My Honda CBR400RRn NC29 Project Bike - Introduction" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Honda CBR400RRn NC29 Project Bike - Introduction" to Google Submit "My Honda CBR400RRn NC29 Project Bike - Introduction" to reddit Submit "My Honda CBR400RRn NC29 Project Bike - Introduction" to Facebook

Comments