View RSS Feed

simonjohn

need some advice,

Rate this Entry
can anyone tell me which direction radiator fan on a honda nv750 should be running, fan is behind radiator, so seems should be run in clockwise direction to suck air through, i have had to hard wire fan to switch as thermal switches are stuffed and cost is too much as can't buy in nz, i have fan running anti-clockwise, dosn't seem to be doing the job, anyone have any thoughts on this, would be appreciated.

Submit "need some advice," to Digg Submit "need some advice," to del.icio.us Submit "need some advice," to StumbleUpon Submit "need some advice," to Google Submit "need some advice," to reddit Submit "need some advice," to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You view the fan from behind looking in the direction of travel. The fan should turn towards its forward most point of the blade.
    Only two wires to connect it up and you may have got it wrong. Reverse the two wires ad see if it reverses the direction of spin.
    As per the last two responses, fan should be helping the natural airflow, so pushing air towards the back of the bike. Swapping the wires will change direction.

Just thinking... If you were overheating and the fan wasn't turning on, have you checked circulation? Faulty thermostat? The thermo switch for the fan is usually housed in or around the radiator, and the radiator wont get hot if there's poor circulation.