View RSS Feed

klingon's Blog

Update to the V-Strom incident

Rate this Entry
On 10 April I wrote about breaking a friend's lovely V-Strom. He just got it back from the repairers and the damage to the bike cost $8,500. The damage to the car we landed on (a late model VW Golf) will probably be at least a couple of thousand more.

So the young guy who knocked us off (I think he's about 18 years old) will have a $10,000 debt before he really even gets started in his life. Plus the fines for not having a warrant or rego on his car. Plus whatever he still owes to the finance company (he was still paying the car off).

Stupid, stupid boy!

But no matter how stupid he is, I do feel sorry for him. He seemed like a nice kid. Gave us all his correct details at the scene and apologised. He seemed genuine and honest. I wonder what effect a financial blow like this will have on his life?

Stupid boy!

Submit "Update to the V-Strom incident" to Digg Submit "Update to the V-Strom incident" to del.icio.us Submit "Update to the V-Strom incident" to StumbleUpon Submit "Update to the V-Strom incident" to Google Submit "Update to the V-Strom incident" to reddit Submit "Update to the V-Strom incident" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized