View RSS Feed

Project Popup

Title Search performed - conversation had - looks like previous owner is okay now.

Rate this Entry
Well, after the debacle with the trademe feedback I was a bit worried. I needed to have the letter from the previous owner in order to re-register the bike - or else get the police to declare that they had no interest in the bike.

So of course I'm spewing. It looks like this bloke's not happy about his bike being sold by his missus and he may yet decide to not write the letter - or worse - declare the bike stolen, in which case I'd be rather fucked.

So, after a week of trying I got in contact with the guy's wife today. She was a bit sheepish. It turns out they'd had a good conversation originally about his need to clean up the gargre and sort out his old bikes - and he'd agreed to this originally. Until he finds out she's done something about it - and he goes absolutely nuts when he gets home.

And then regrets it in the light of day. So he's apologetic, she's apologetic, etc...

So, end result - I'm getting a letter declaring they let the rego lapse back in Feb 1997, and that they've sold me the bike so all's good here.

I spent $12 on getting a report on www.carjam.co.nz which declares him as the last legal owner. The numbers alll match so it's looking good now. Phew...

Submit "Title Search performed - conversation had - looks like previous owner is okay now." to Digg Submit "Title Search performed - conversation had - looks like previous owner is okay now." to del.icio.us Submit "Title Search performed - conversation had - looks like previous owner is okay now." to StumbleUpon Submit "Title Search performed - conversation had - looks like previous owner is okay now." to Google Submit "Title Search performed - conversation had - looks like previous owner is okay now." to reddit Submit "Title Search performed - conversation had - looks like previous owner is okay now." to Facebook

Comments

good to hear mate