View RSS Feed

Motorcycling and An Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)

Part 2 - On The Road Again

Rate this Entry
A quick insight to the last week: (photographs below and in preceding blog post)

GSR600
Sale and Purchase - A private purchase funds deposited online and the use of online NZTA to record sale went smoothly. New owner acquisition and a further six months registration completed following morning in Lower Hutt.

The bike is in excellent condition, with principally two private owners and dealership, with good history. At 36,000km and only requiring a new front tyre (the rear has only 4000km on it) the next step was to purchase all the requisite cleaning gear, toothbrushes (yes that's right) wet and dry paper, fine steel wool, kerosene, mentholated spirits, cleaning cloth, chain lube, metal polish, wax, paddock stand and bobbins.

With a 60km ride Friday to scrub in the new tyre fitted that morning, and a ride over to Featherston yesterday, that was it for the week. I have set myself some benchmarks eg 200km max a week, and budget accordingly.

GSSR600 Impression
This is my sixth bike in 5years (no major offs - only a carpark and curb side fall in first 2months, and no speeding tickets etc) and I think I have found a good sound engine inline 4 - 600cc that promotes the smooth power on and comfortable ergonomic, particularly for my neck having had spinal surgery. The bike is very much geared for the road, with a de-tuned GSX-R 600 engine, and I am sure I will have many miles of riding enjoyment. Of my previous stable the CB900 was my most favoured bike, the GSR600 is so much more comfortable and in particular the bike is noticeably lighter and easier to ride and handle.

A Look Back Through My Blog
I have gone back through my blog, and it is amazing the ground, subjects and politics covered.
Having returned to motorcycling I look forward to hearing from many of my riding friends here on kiwibiker.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GSR Odometre Reading.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	240093   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GSR Front Left1Close.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	240092   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GSR Front Right Close.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	240091   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GSR Front Right Side.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	240090   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GSRRear Cog.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	240089   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GSR Tail1.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	240088  

Submit "Part 2 - On The Road Again" to Digg Submit "Part 2 - On The Road Again" to del.icio.us Submit "Part 2 - On The Road Again" to StumbleUpon Submit "Part 2 - On The Road Again" to Google Submit "Part 2 - On The Road Again" to reddit Submit "Part 2 - On The Road Again" to Facebook

Categories
Personal entry

Comments

BuckBuck, have you ever tried a V twin ?
    Effortless power, and plenty of torque.
    Yes I enjoyed v-twins: the Suzuki DL650 V-Strom for 10,000km a real comfortable bike, and also the Honda VLX600 cruiser twin, as well as the parallel twin Ninja 250R. The inline four CB900 at 45,000km in 25months was a gem, and so when I saw the Suzuki GSR600 inline four - well as they say the rest is history. Very pleased with the ergonomic and gearing.
    You seem to prefer naked bikes?I went over Paekak Hill today in the wet,and was reminded of our ride over there without using the brakes.
    Gidday BMWST, that must have been our Advance Rider Refresher course in Sept 2009, that was my second advanced course (did the first Advanced course in 2007). Yesterday taking the GSR600 from the Rimutaka Hill summit down to Featherston had me reflecting on the Paekakariki Hill descent without using the brakes - on the ride down to Featherston on this my new acquisition and a recently scrubbed in front tyre, there were only three corners that I touched the brakes and held around 25-30kph and kept my head turned and eyes looking across apex and final exit point. Must say the GSR600 is smoother and more comfortable than the CB900 for me now.