View RSS Feed

Ambling around

Japanese hoons

Rate this Entry

I thought I was just about done documenting the various bike species of Japan - but how could I forget these?! The bikes in these pics are not the result of a freak accident involving a truck full of paint, they are actually the way the owners intended them to be. Usually the owner of these kind of machine rides around in a group with his buddies on similar bikes, making a general nuisance of themselves by revving the engine ridiculously loud all the time for no particular reason in the middle of the night, ignoring all road rules. The bikes above are a somewhat tamer variety, because sometimes the bikes dont even have a muffler at all. The majority of them are old GSX400s.

To fit in with one of these gangs, you also need a ridiculous fifties haircut, and you should ride around wearing workmans overalls, with some kind of kanji slogan on the back, and look tough and glare at everyone you see. Smoking is not optional. Usually sometime in their early twenties they will realise what a bunch of fools they are, and turn into a normal person, like this guy did.

As usual the police are totally useless when it comes to actually doing anything useful, and they generally dont do much about these guys. At best they will drive along behind them in a patrol car yelling at them to stop over the car's loudspeaker... yay... just making more noise to wake the neighborhood.

Submit "Japanese hoons" to Digg Submit "Japanese hoons" to del.icio.us Submit "Japanese hoons" to StumbleUpon Submit "Japanese hoons" to Google Submit "Japanese hoons" to reddit Submit "Japanese hoons" to Facebook

Comments

Lmao. I love this country. Mental as anything.