BFTP Get together Feb 13th and 14th 2010

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast
  1. caseye
    caseye
    Who. All BFTP Members who can and wish to come say hello to thier fellow riders.

When, February 13th and 14th 2010.Arrive in Taumaranui anytime saturday morning, gather at Holiday park at 12 o'clock.

Where, Taumaranui Holiday Park Taumaranui central North Island.

Here is the link to the Holiday park.http://www.taumarunuiholidaypark.co.nz/

I would ask you all to make your own arrangements re Tenting,cabins and payment etc.

Then please let me know on this thread if you are definitely coming so I can cross reference with the Holiday park on numbers.

Numbers are important as we need at least 15- 20 people to commit to coming before I'l plan anything further.

So get into it and go make your reservations and get back to us with your arrival times and ideas as to what we should actually do once there.
    I'm booking a cabin.
    it'll have four beds in it and if you do that it cost you about $25.00 per night per person, butt remember to take your own bedding, go check out their prices and get comfortable.
    I NEED TO KNOW WHO'S IN ASAP Please people.
  2. Dodgyiti
    Dodgyiti
    I'm in caseye.

Will make my booking later today for the 13th & 14th
    Gonna camp in a tent- save the cabins for you old fellas.
    Good work, $25 a night or $13 for a tent site is not going to be a big ask for anyone. Nice!

For those coming from Auckland- can I suggest if you wanna come down in a group to do the Puke Sh22 to Ngaruawahia, then alt route South ending up at Otorohanga then right at 8-mile junction through to Taumarunui. Which is a great ride in itself and you lot can join up with the Southies and Hammies etc?
  3. Dooly
    Dooly
    Sounds good, should be ok for that.
    Think RDJase is too.
  4. Max Headroom
    Max Headroom
    Yep, we'll be there. The lovely Mrs Headroom has indicated she's keen to be there too.
  5. Voltaire
    Voltaire
    Sounds Toastertastic. I've sent off an email booking a tent site.....won't need earplugs and a peg...
  6. Dodgyiti
    Dodgyiti
    Are we turning up Friday evening or Sat morning?

It's 3 1/4 hours via the scenic route from Bombay/Puke.
  7. Voltaire
    Voltaire
    Saturday arvo on the toaster.
  8. Dodgyiti
    Dodgyiti
    There is a motor lodge that has a resturant part just 2 kms from the campsite (now known as BFTP Clubhouse Central) that does quite good meels, we could book that for the Saturday evening meal, other that that as far as I know there are only Takeaway bars but I will get some local info updated soon.
  9. Max Headroom
    Max Headroom
    So was that an Obtuse or a Tangent you just bought for the Taumaranui weekend?
  10. Voltaire
    Voltaire
    I've just bought a Tangent.
  11. Dodgyiti
    Dodgyiti
    Now as for the recovery ute before Volty goes off on a Tangent.

I will be doing to pick ups in the week prior to the rally. One on the North Shore (PM croc) and the second one will be at psy or someone out on the Westside to pick up the bigger items like the croc-o-camper etc.

I will also be taking down a good selection of tools, generic spares, oils and fluids so any running repairs can be undertaken. This will allow members to travel a little lighter hopefully.

I will be going down on the Friday morning and catching up with some mates before the weekend so I should be able to get any last minute arrangements done down there before the BFTP congregate in Traumanui.
  12. psyguy
    psyguy
    Dodgyiti
    There is a motor lodge that has a resturant part just 2 kms from the campsite (now known as BFTP Clubhouse Central) that does quite good meels, we could book that for the Saturday evening
    sounds great. if you could find a name of that place i can pop that into the calendar.
  13. psyguy
    psyguy
    Dodgyiti
    Now as for the recovery ute

calendar updated !
  14. caseye
    caseye
    K, I've booked my cabin, feel like Daniel Boone, a cabin in the wilds.
    Come on you lot, if Dooly and RDJase can get there , I'm sure the rest of you can too.
    This is going to become a feature event and i'd like to think it's the one we all make the greatest effort to attend, the Event itself does not have to always happen in Taumaranui and I'd like everyone to think about where next time and then if we pick your location, start working towards dates, times, prices etc, it doesn't take much and it'll be well worth the effort.
  15. Dodgyiti
    Dodgyiti
    Taumaranui was especially chosen to be in the middle of the island allowing HB, AK, Welly and everywhere inbetween to attend without making a bias because no one comes from Taumaranui to start with so it's a decent trip for all NI's and hopefully the hard core SI's will try and make it too.
Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast