Aviators

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast
  1. terbang
    terbang
    Six munce ago I cudint evin spill piolit, an know i ar wun...
  2. CookMySock
    CookMySock
    cool, pilots. me, PPL-A, 120hrs, C150,C152,C172,PA28-151,PA32-260,CSU.
  3. terbang
    terbang
    Ahhh yes, Cessna A152. The worlds greatest aircraft...
  4. CookMySock
    CookMySock
    hrm I didn't like the 152. It was a bloody paper cup in a storm.. I like like planes to be like women, go you put them, do what they told, and not change their mind at the last second due to the weather LOL. 172 is a good all-rounder, except itsa slug. oh well.
  5. terbang
    terbang
    Yes its light, but the 152 (aerobat) can go upsidedown. Now you'd like a woman to do that as well, wouldn't you?
    I'm back reacquainted with the 152 and teaching me daughter to fly in one. Its an aerobat, so we're having some fun times as well.
    Yup, your right there about the 172, a good aircraft to be rated on, easy to fly with no real vices and not to bad on the strips as well. They're like the Boeing 737, every hanger's got one.
  6. Swoop
    Swoop
    Errr. Is there any requirement as to "what" you fly, to become a bonafied member here...?
    I think Pussy and Marty know what my aircraft is!
  7. terbang
    terbang
    Nope, its all flying. So what is it..? Any pikkies?
  8. Pogo2
    Pogo2
    Whoar - What a website - bikes and planes!!!! Could it get any better. Me a product of AR. Actually one of terbang's students back in the 80's at the Airline Flying Club.
  9. Swoop
    Swoop
    Terbang. Become a friend and you will see my private gallery which should explain things.
  10. Tumbles
    Tumbles
    Great idea to make this group. 200 Hrs CT4-E Airtrainer, 80 Hrs Bell 47-G Sioux, 1500 Hrs UH-1H Iroquois.

Oh yeah, and 12 Hours in a Bantam B-22 Microlight. Mint!
  11. Tumbles
    Tumbles
    Swoop your profile picture is gold! I've always wondered how to attach my golf clubs!
  12. terbang
    terbang
    Ah ha so there are some out there. Pogo2, "gulp", PM me eh? I'm current "B" cat again just to help my oldest daughter out. I enjoyed my time as an Instructor (possibly too much in some cases) and have never really stayed that far away from it either. Really enjoying the Gulfstream series, reckon its the second best aircraft in the world. Currently operating on an American ATP but my Kiwi one is still current. Also hold Aussie, UK and Swiss ATPL. Rated EMB Bandierante, BAe 146/Avro RJ, Dash 8, Boeing 737 (300,400,500), Gulfstream GIV and of course the mighty Cessna 152. Just clicked over the 17000 hour mark and would like to double that before I sit on a deck in a rocking chair.
  13. terbang
    terbang
    Swoop, I see. So where does that fit onto your bike..?
  14. Swoop
    Swoop
    Everything fits quite nicely in the topbox! Givi 45 Litre is just the right size (just)...
  15. Pogo2
    Pogo2
    so... here is a question for the senior (read experienced not aged) pilots amongst us.
    What is considered to be a high number of hours?
    I know a couple of pilots who have 20,000 hrs plus and I've even heard of an american chopper pilot that had in excess of 50,000 hrs.
    So in your esteemed opinion what do you reckon is high hours?

I know I'm just a mere molecule in the bucket. Bit of a noob question but interested to hear you thoughts.
Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast