FBMC Wobbly in Welly Birthday Bash - Wellington 2012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Fatt Max
    Ok, would love to do a ride to Wellington to celebrate the first anniversary of the Fat Bikers Motorcycle Club in 2012. The plan would be for everyone to meet up in the Capital, have a social a fund raise and an all round good old larf….

I appreciate the latest newsletter has slightly different timing to what I am proposing now but the idea (after more thought, beer and a couple of decent pies) would be:

Thursday:
    Leave Auckland mid morning, cruise to Taupo
    Stay in Taupo Thursday night

Friday:
    Breakfast in Taupo
    Other riders join us there
    Head off late morning
    Arrive in Welly mid – late arvo
    Social meet up
    Night in Welly

Saturday:
    Everyone meet up for Brekkie
    Do a Gut Bucket Race Event (as per Auckland event, entry fees donated to charity)
    Group ride to a nice venue for prizegiving
    Evening Social get together
    Night in Welly
    If anyone in Welly has a guitar, I’m happy to do set, same goes for anyone else who wants to play a few tunes or whatever..

Sunday:
    Meet up for brekkie
    Head home
    Suggest a stop over in Taupo again

Monday:
    Final leg home

I am suggesting we do this in February, date to be agreed but not to clash with any other major events in the capital.

The ride down from Auckland is split over two days so we can pick other riders up along the way if that suits.Anyone from down south can organise the same.

Anyone that wants to ride back in one hit on the Sunday rather than stay another night is ok however I am looking at a relaxed few days away with no real rush or time pressures.

At the same time it does mean three days off plus some accommodation so its up to the individual. I will be looking to see where we can stay on a budget and if there would be any discounts for group bookings etc etc but it will be up to the individuals to book and pay for their accommodation etc etc.

Once again, the emphasis on this is a whole lot of fun and some fund raising. The event is thrown open to the whole country with a view to getting everyone in Welly for a wobbly time.

We could call it the FBMC Wobbly In Welly Birthday Bash……

Can you have a think and let me know if you are keen for this. The more the merrier I reckon. Also, I will need some help in putting this together so anyone keen to give a fat bloke a hand, just let me know.

Thanks my lovelies
  2. Fatt Max
    Just checked the dates and the NZ Sevens are in Welly on Waitangi Weekend, so lets count that one out

How about the following weekend????
  3. creature
    creature
    this sounds like a great idea, it just seems ashame we cant do something like this sooner. 10 months is along time to wait. CREATURE will be counting the days........
  4. Flip
    Flip
    Sounds like a plan to me. Got to catch up with a few folk in wellington so this suits me fine.
  5. Murray
    Murray
    Jeez I'm hoping to have lost some weight by then!!! But me and the missus could well be in. Have a few contacts in lower Hutt and there are motorcamps etc that can be looked at. Turangi might be a better stop Taupo is pretty busy and expensive in February being the busiest tourist month of the year. Or could do Taumaranui and stay at motor camp there. Mark (caseye) knows all about it!!!
  6. Fatt Max
    Yeah that sounds like a plan Murray, probably best to avoid staying right in Taupo. I'll check out Turangi anbd Taumaranui. Cheers mate
  7. Gone Burger
    Two spare beds here at my place if anyone needs accomodation, and a garage for the bikes of course. And... got a guitar FM.

Hope I could crash to social nights. I could be sober driver too
  8. Stirts
    Stirts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max
    Friday:
    Breakfast in Taupo - BAKED BEANS
    Saturday:
    Everyone meet up for Brekkie - BAKED BEANS AND POACHED EGGS ON TOAST
    If anyone in Welly has a guitar, I’m happy to do set, same goes for anyone else who wants to play a few tunes or whatever..
    I would be able to contribute a few tunes or whatever
  9. GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    sounds like a plan, may even be able to ride to the 'Smoke' and enjoy the ride home again
  10. Ratti
    Ratti
    Hi All. We are running into some problems finding somewhere big enough to fit us all in. Hoping some Welly Locals can contribute ideas on where to try for accomodation. Camp Kaitoke and YMCZ camp have been tried already, and the big camp in Moera is booked for Ulysses that weekend.
    What else? apart from couch surfing in homes, where can we go? Perhaps if we have definate numbers it would make it easier to plan.
  11. allycatz
    allycatz
    Have you thought about El Rancho or Tatum Park or is that too far out?
  12. caseye
    caseye
    Head count!
    I'm going, hell or high water I'm going.
  13. Bikemad
    Bikemad
    what weekend are we talkin about here
  14. caseye
    caseye
    Col, does it matter?
  15. Bikemad
    Bikemad
    umm .........yeah if it clashes with Paeroa racing weekend mate..............got a couple of yobbos comin up from chch for that
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast