48 hour/ riding limits

1. LBD
    LBD
    So what do we think the endurance limits are?

For me , last years 3267/38 hours, 1 1/2 hour nap was about it, 100km gravel and it took 2 days to fully recover...was a blast however.

This Feb I think I will limit my self to 3400 over the 48....try and achieve about the same average speed....and have a couple of good breaks....how about you guys?
  2. Gremlin
    Gremlin
    Didn't get enough sleep pre-ride last year, covered 2000km in 24 hours, but uh... didn't finish.

This year I'm aiming for an easy diamond, want to finish, might even head down a day earlier (leave Auckland Wednesday) then a lay day on Friday. Will stop Saturday night for as long as possible, and only have to do a little over 2800km to achieve diamond.

The extra hours available this year are all sleep and rest time to me, after all, it also serves as a bit of a break, as I'll head back to Auckland Mon-Tues.
  3. LBD
    LBD
    Pre run sleep is important alright....last year I was in hotel, in bed asleep.... with a tablet by 8 pm...I could not have slept without a tablet due to jet lag....
  4. Gremlin
    Gremlin
    Yeah, I don't recommend 4 hours sleep (and disturbed at that) after riding 2 days to get to Christchurch...
  5. whatastoner
    whatastoner
    Hello everyone. Looking forward to the TT. I've been studying the map for some time now, and have decided on the compass point bonus. So count me in on the Passes Friday night. I will be taking in the Hakatere 500pt on the way down. The SH1 and Ashburton south will be busy. Thought I would go inland a little.The major grey area on my route is from Slope Point thru Clifden. I want to take in Mataura, Glencoe, Winton and Ohai. Any local knowledge would be great. FJ Rider, any ideas?
    Gremlin, keep up the good work.

Righto then
    Mark
  6. whatastoner
    whatastoner
    Hello everyone. Looking forward to the TT. I've been studying the map for some time now, and have decided on the compass point bonus. So count me in on the Passes Friday night. I will be taking in the Hakatere 500pt on the way down. The SH1 and Ashburton south will be busy. Thought I would go inland a little.The major grey area on my route is from Slope Point thru Clifden. I want to take in Mataura, Glencoe, Winton and Ohai. Any local knowledge would be great. FJ Rider, any ideas?
    Gremlin, keep up the good work.

Righto then
    Mark
  7. FJRider
    FJRider
    Fortrose, Edendale, Mataura, Gore if you want an extra 100 with a link road back to the Mataura-Glencoe-Winton highway. Winton-Wreys bush (Turn left there just past the pub) Follow your nose to Ohai-Clifden (Hauroko ???) ALL SEALED.

Or the Gore-Waikaia-Mossburn-Wreys bush-Ohai route .... for the extra 500 ...

A link for any who want to look ...

http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?q=Mata...hland&t=m&z=10