The BFTP's Next DAY EXCURSION: Saturday,April the 14th 2018.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. caseye
    caseye
    OK, so we can't go anywhere on an Easter weekend.
    No worries.
    So how about this then. Saturday,April the 14th 2018.
    Meet at The BFTP's favourite meeting spot, The Car Park under the Warehouse Building at the Albany Shopping Centre, right beside the Caltex gas station and the Mc Donalds. on Colesium Drive Albany. At 10 am.

https://www.google.co.nz/maps/place/...!4d174.7035762

A Day road trip, up to Waipu, to visit the WW1 museum and attractions, cafe's and shops.
    Pick your own destination, food or beveraqge.
    This will be the full extent of the BFTP day ride.
    From here those who can't stay on,can return to Auckland, via any of the wonderful roads in the area.
    Those who can stay on, might like to head further up to Whangarei and congregate at the Distinction Hotel, for the night.
    Enjoying a night with MURRAY and IkeBikie and of course other members of the BFTP.
    The group could then return to Auckland at their leisure on Sunday.
    Murray 021719182 is happy to take bookings for a shared room, bed and breakfast for 2 for $100.00. This is exceptional value and reflects his willingness to assist the BFTP and of course to ensure a good turn out for a BFTP ride.
    Dinner on the Saturday night could be at Jimmys Ribs a short walk away.
    There is a private bar, indoor swimming pool, spa's and a gym if you need to.
    OK, so, come on, sound off!.
    Lets see who's serious about having a get together.
    This is a simple, reunite ride, plans for more can be formulatd then, if desired.
    I am going to pm all existing BFTP members this post, so there is no excuse, you will have been informed.
    Cheers folks.
    Caseye.
  2. psyguy
    psyguy
    Well, it's not quite mid-winter... but a reunite ride is in order, I think

Thanks for sending the PM out Caseye, I rarely check in here and there doesn't seem to be a way to subscribe to new topics within this forum?

Anyhow, The ol' GS is going as strong as ever and it would be good to see some familiar faces again
  3. caseye
    caseye
    Hey psy, wondered where you'd gotten to, nice to see you nice.
    I will check into the subscribing thing and see what can be done.
    Got to have everyone able to talk to one another at the very least.
  4. Murray
    Murray
    I and ikibikie are in and certainly happy to join on the ride back south for maybe a luncheon on your way home on the sunday. or i at least can meet the daytrippers at waipu. note - if just heading up by yourself i can pair you up with someone or do super special rate of $75 B&B single room.

Get inn guys and girls = love to see you
  5. Diggers
    Diggers
    Unfortunately I'm away in Wellington that weekend! But thanks for the PM Caseye, I appreciate your efforts to "get the band back together"! Hopefully the next time will work for me.
    Cheers
    PS: also nice to hear from you Psy.
  6. ICE180
    ICE180
    If I am not working and in town I will be there
  7. caseye
    caseye
    Well, the nest is stirring, come on BFTPérs lets be having you.
    RatBag abd I are definite starters for the whole nine yards, Day trip, overnighter at The Distinction, dinner out or in, to bre decided by the mob.
    Pity John boy, but hey there will be another ride.
    Psyguy, you keen for the night over too?
  8. Dodgyiti
    Dodgyiti
    Thanks for getting in touch Mark
    I am part way through a major on my eligable bike, will see how that goes. I'm loathed to bring my modern. Haven't so far, will try not to...
  9. Diggers
    Diggers
    That Convert will be a very eligible bike Dodgy
  10. caseye
    caseye
    Yeah I do know what you mean oh Dodgy one!
    I too feel shewill most definitely be eligable.
    I'll have you on a ride anyday with or without an eligable though, I would love to catch up one of these Thursdays, this one or next maybe, I can make sure we pass your place, just got to ask, hows the driveway these days?
    The ol Coal Burner didn't mind it much, but the bandy has got shorter legs.
  11. psyguy
    psyguy
    OK, my forum subscription/notification system definitely doesn't work...

Anyhow, thanks for the kind words Mark and John

I'm in for a day ride, will have to see about a possible over-nighter closer to the date.

As for bike eligibility, we may need to go by person-eligibility - people of the right vintage
  12. Murray
    Murray
    Good try Caseye but it looks like duck season has started and its a dead duck. See you and Gillian anyway. Cheers
  13. ICE180
    ICE180
    weather looks Ok but we will get a bit of drizzle same as the last ride up to waipu
  14. caseye
    caseye
    OK, so who has decided they're coming along?
    Is anyone staying over at the Distinction?
    Metvu says it's going to be raining on and off all day Saturday and Sunday.
  15. psyguy
    psyguy
    Over the years I've gone a bit soft core so prefer to ride in fine-ish weather...
    I'll leave my judgement for a bit later but current Metservice forecast doesn't look too good
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast