A Blast From The Past RIDE!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. wickle
    wickle
    as I'm not working so I plan to be there Friday a/noon, just need someone to doggie sit my 38kg boy for two nites , dont what him getting out , eating any natives and getting
  2. wickle
    wickle
    as I'm not working so I plan to be there Friday a/noon, just need someone to doggie sit my 38kg boy for two nites , dont what him getting out , eating any natives and getting
  3. Bonez
    Bonez
    I'll see how the event fits in closer to the date. Sounds good though and Darky my '76 CB550F is probably due far a descent run about then.
  4. wickle
    wickle
    Ekk, just did little preride check , going for little tottle 2moro , no warrant ( sorry officer getting old forget things) leaking fork( just a dribble) and the real pain new tyres needed. oh well time to dig into the mattrass.
  5. caseye
    caseye
    Yes I've got to look at the WOF Situation before we go, tyres are OK and forks are just 21.5 K's old so no worries there.
    I've spoken with a couple of old BFTP guys, they're keen.
    Next week I'll post the contact details for the Turangi Holiday Park and make my/our booking for a cabin.
    I'd suggest if you want to come, to get in early, it is ANZAC weekend.
    Chhers and beers everyone.
    Ride safe.
  6. Dadpole
    Dadpole
    I have convinced a mate to join us on a '71 Suzuki T350. I may have to arrange a breakdown vehicle if 2 old codgers are planning to ride old codger bikes that distance.
  7. caseye
    caseye
    OK.
    Weekend of ANZAC Day.
    Early Birds arrive Friday the 23rd April.
    All others arrive Saturday the 24th April.
    Turangi Holiday Park.
    See below for booking details.
    Web Site.

https://turangiholidaypark.co.nz/

They have cabins and tent sites available, please book soon so you don't miss out.
    Itinerary, as such.
    Wander /taxi, small bus down to the town center, enjoy a quiet bevvy or 2 and a meal, head back for a bit of a knees up in the hall.
    Ride out by 10am Sunday, Arrive at local ANZAC Memorial to pay our respects then it's everyone to their own devices as to how they get home, official gathering over.
    I am booking now.
  8. fridayflash
    fridayflash
    excellent stuff Caseye, that all sounds good to me. i wish i had a bftp type machine to ride but apart from a ct90 with no exhaust pipe im outa luck on that front.
    anyway, my yammy Tracer will get me there just fine
    ill head on over to the website for bookings.

p.s good to see ya in here Psyguy
  9. caseye
    caseye
    Property Name Turangi Holiday Park
    Status Confirmed
    Arrival Date Saturday, 24 April 2021
    Departure Date Sunday, 25 April 2021
    Customer Name Mr Mark Casidy
    Total Guests 2
    Room(s) 1 x Cabin - Twin

That's Ratbag and I.
    Next!
  10. caseye
    caseye
    Welcome Back Max Headroom aka Nick and Wendy, who have also booked their cabin. Wickle, Dadpole, psy, Ice, RDJ, and everyone else who has sat on the fence until now, BOOK IT Dano!
    Dodgyiti is aware and once he gets a Guzi that goes (Joking mr O) he'll be along too I hope.

Voltaire has expressed his keenness to attend as well, come on folks get those bookings made, lets make the Holiday Parks weekend and give them many good reasons for having us back.
  11. Diggers
    Diggers
    Hi there Caseye and everyone else.

I would love to be there, but will be in the middle of a South Island trip with the family that weekend.

Bugger! I'm sure you lot will have a good old time.

Big ups Caseye for the organisation
  12. wickle
    wickle
    Property Name Turangi Holiday Park
    Status Confirmed
    Arrival Date Saturday, 24 April 2021
    Departure Date Sunday, 25 April 2021
    Customer Name Mr Mark White
    Total Guests 1
    Room(s) 1 x Cabin - Twin (spare bed if anyone whats to share) but i must warn you in the past others have complained that I dream I'm riding all nite and they got very little sleep.LOL
  13. psyguy
    psyguy
    Accommodation booked

p.s. likewise, Eddie
  14. caseye
    caseye
    S'' True Yer On Her! LOL great news me ol mate.
    cmoore (once called Snake) who still owns a wonderful example of an absolutely brilliant bike, yes, another rare XV of the Coal Burner variety, has passed on his good wishes to the group, but can't attend this event.
    Try and round up as many old members of the BFTP as you can, I've found some are no longer part of the group, so a verbal shout out will work where simply posting on our forum wont. Give it a go folks, I've got another at least 3 perhaps four coming along this way.
    Looking forward to this one I yam!
    Awesome news psy!
  15. caseye
    caseye
    Come on crew, I don't want to have to call The Roll!
    Lets be having you, Book with the Holiday Park, then come here and tell us already confirmed 's that you are coming. 8 so far I expect somewhere between 12 -16.
    Get going and call up those you knew in the BFTP that you haven't seen on here lately, let them know we're Riding!@#$.
    Better than 50% have booked and there are more of you out there, hurry up, I seriously don't know how many more cabins are available.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast