Running premix and injection together?

1. Racey Rider
    Racey Rider
    Hey Team.
    Has anyone tried running premix and oil injection together in there machine for the purpose of making a leaner fuel mix?

If I have my smallest Main jet in, but still need to go leaner for a one off day at say Taupo track, the idea is to add oil into my fuel as well as running the normal injection system. This will make the fuel heavier, less will flow through the jets, thus leaner air/fuel mix.

Do you think this would cause any complication in a race bike situation?
    start at 100/1?
    To much smoke??

Cheers.
    Racey.
  2. Ixion
    Ixion
    Well, people have certainly holed pistons from using premix and failing to allow for the leaning out effect .

The oil from the injector doesn't go through the jets so presumably you could back the pump setting off a bit to compensate for the extra oil in the fuel - thus avoiding excess smoke. Not that smoke matters in itself, it's good for you is two smoker smoke, but it might clog zorsts or foul plugs.

Establishing the right settings and ratios could be a bit hit and miss , but
  3. TygerTung
    TygerTung
    I dunno, but in the Gordon Jennings 2 stroke book it recomended running the richest mixture you could without it 4 stroking, because it would give you more power as it would cool the piston etc better.

What do you want to lean it out for?