East Auckland Riders

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Grub
    Grub
    Ok, I'm not living in the east atm, but i come from Bucks Beach so when this appeared in the forums ...

Quote Originally Posted by howdamnhard View Post
    See quite a few bikers out my way and thought it would be good if we could form groups/contacts of other bikers in our areas. Would be good for assiting each other,doing group rides, helping out newbies etc.
    ... how could it not be a great idea. You guys have some of the best roads in the whole auckland region out around Whitford, Hunua, Clevedon and Maraetai to name just the close ones. The Whitford pub's not bad either. Down here in Welly we ride over the Rimutakas to the tin Hut pub, have a ginger beer and fries, tell lies, perv at all the bikes and ride home ... brilliant idea out your way for sure.

The Social Group is up and running, I'll pull out of it as a member once Howdamnhard or someone gets in here so they can be the owner of the group.
  2. Kittyhawk
    Kittyhawk
    WE ROCK!! (and yes we do have the best roads) LETS DO IT WOOOT!!!
  3. howdamnhard
    howdamnhard
    Hi everyone welcome.
  4. gmh
    gmh
    Hi all, well this is great. Looking forward to meeting you all. When is the first get together??
  5. meteor
    meteor
    Hello there EAR. I'm one of those dreaded noobies that's too cheap to fill up my V8 so bought a DR250 to commute on and chase my kids around a trail or 2 on thier dirt bikes. Look forward to meet, greet and learn from you old hands.
  6. zeocen
    zeocen
    Can't wait for the first ride! I hope this becomes a very, very regular event

"EAR", nice! :P
  7. gijoe1313
    gijoe1313
    East, West, North, South ... and one flew over the cuckoo's nest!
  8. howdamnhard
    howdamnhard
    Yes we have lots of great roads and pubs out East.Lets have a vote to decide when and where everybody would like to get together. Bearing in mind Kittyhawks training is on Monday nights.Also as somebody has already said we could try a number of venues and see which is most biker friendly.
  9. gmh
    gmh
    Okay guys, hope that i am not being to quick off the mark here, but lets do this. Lets meet up sometime this weekend, (not sure on weather) at a pub and possibly go for a bit of a ride out. Next Sunday is the poker run, i think that we organise to meet up somewhere and do this ride together as a group. This as well as meeting up and greeting can be spoken about this weekend.
  10. zeocen
    zeocen
    I have been whipped and chained for fri - sat, but if it's going on in the afternoon on sunday and the weather is up for it, then I'm dead keen for a ride this Sunday. I'd be keen to do the Poker Run as a EAR group too!

To be honest, I'm just stoked that people have initiated this and trying to get some rides going, even in winter !
  11. Kittyhawk
    Kittyhawk
    Should we vote on a regular night? Then try different venues week to week to see which is the best for a permmant pub? See if we can hook a deal on freebie nibbles if its going to be our regular spot??

Oh and keep an eye on Ixion...hes a party animal
  12. Ixion
    Ixion
    Do bear in mind that it is IMPERATIVE that the pub supplies PROPER BEER. That's Speights, of course. Avoid at all costs those purveying swampwater or other concoctions passed off as beer. If it ain't Speights - it ain't beer.
  13. howdamnhard
    howdamnhard
    Ok who Knows how to set up a voting poll to work out which night to meet?
  14. Ixion
    Ixion
    Have you seen the weather forecast for this weekend ?
  15. gmh
    gmh
    Typical hey, Today fine, Sat heavy rain, sun showers, then mon clearing. Weather does not look to great for the weekend.
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast