Waitangi Day Ride

1. Cosmo
    Cosmo
    Hi All,

For those that are interestested and not going to the Vincent Rally (Wish I was but did not plan for it to well and promised the boss to do other things this weekend) there is a few heading out to do basically the exact same ride that a few did last Sunday. If anyone is keen we are meeting at the Tisbury school at 9am. Will post again tomorrow night just to confirm. Looking forward to meeting a few of you guys over the the next couple of months.
  2. Cosmo
    Cosmo
    Just to confirm anyone keen meet at Tisbury school 9am.
  3. McJim
    McJim
    I have a prior engagement - honest guv'nor. Enjoy.
  4. Cosmo
    Cosmo
    Thanks, you too. About 9 bikes heading away tomorrow.
  5. Crocket
    Crocket
    Sorry Cosmo heading north, another day for sure
  6. Daffyd
    Daffyd
    Sorry I won't be able to play 'host'. I'll be away to the VCR.
  7. McJim
    McJim
    Where's the post ride report?
  8. Cosmo
    Cosmo
    My Apoligies, Was always a bit late with my homework so here goes.

After a delayed start a group of 8 left the Gorge Road school to travel the Southern Senic route. (Must add good to see lots of Suzuki's in the ride). First stop was Tokonui, not to far into the journey but those that needed there caffine fix indulged and it gave us an oppurtunity to catch up. From there it was off to Papatowai where on our way due to a breakdown in communication we temporarely lost two of our group. I voluntered to wait at the store at Papatowai while the others went and checked out the beach and let the mossi's have a feed. I must note that this is a really great road to ride on for a first timer with lots of corners and plenty to focus on.

Off to Owaka for lunch and to rehydrate which was needed as it was getting to be quite warm by this stage of the day (Boy, was this going to change later) From there we travelled through to Balclutha were it was time for a Petrol stop. There was only 6 of us now as 2 others had to go home and do some chores.

From here my radar broke down, but we went to over to Gore, not sure off the route we took but all I know it was not the main road. Once in Gore we stopped at the pub for a quite ale and have another yarn. Was a bit envious of seeing quite a few bikes heading up to what I would assume to be the Vincent rally. Also was surprised to see another couple call in to the pub but there 3rd passenger was a beagle strapped onto the back of the bike in half a luggage container.

It was then time to head home and once again the weather turned to shit and it took some real attention to keep the bikes in the middle of the road but pleased to say we all made it home safe and sound.

I will finish with saying that this is a trip I will definaetly been keen to do for a few more times. Plenty to see.
  9. McJim
    McJim
    Yeah - it's a good run alright. Glad you had a good day.