FJ1200 wet plug issue

1. callmered
    callmered
    Hail, fellow FJ riders. My FJ is currently running like a triple, which is fine for a Triumph but not for the mighty 1200. Sarge suggested I make a post here and ask for assistance.

Rather than run two threads, I would like to link to my original query in the mechanical forum.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...post1129249099

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Skydiver
    Skydiver
    Hi, I'm not a machanic but first thing to do would be to find out wich one is not firing by disconecting each plug lead one at atime, once you know which one it is you can check things like compression on that cylinder and spark plugs/leads/coils and fuel, could need a carb clean and Balance e.t.c. if your a do it your selfer get a manual if havent already got one. Good Luck..........
  3. callmered
    callmered
    Hi Skydiver. The guys over in the mechanical forum have given me a few things to run down. I will be checking plug leads next. Cheers.
  4. H00dz
    H00dz
    Sorry dude, the only thing I know abouts mechanics is.....You can normally find them at workshops

In My defense I am learning more about my bike and am starting build my knowledge....