State of our BFTP Group.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. caseye
    caseye
    Well, ,it;s been a year or two since I had the reins for the admin side of the BFTP. But here I am again.
    I've always had the Ol Coal Burner, Ratbag, my wife and offsider when it comes to rides has always had period bikes, but these days is riding a beautiful ol Boulevard M50, so technically isn't a member of the BFTP.
    Like many others out there, she thinks this precludes her from attending BFTP rides,events or get togethers.Phoey!@#$%.
    As far as this admin is concerned this is not the case!
    Whateverf has gone before has just changed.
    So if you were by dint of owning/riding or restoring a motorcycle older than 1990 and were a member of the BFTP,then you have always been a member of the BFTP and will be considered to still be such, as long as you want to remain within the BFTP environment, ride the rides and keep in touch with your long time mates.
    If this is more like you and you want to come along to any organised ( and yes I know, this means I'll be doing the orgnising) rides, meets or BFTP events, then feel free to make yourself known and remember to quote your BFTP past history, so I know (which I pretty much will for most of you) to return you to the fold.
    Many members went into old racing bikes and got very involved there, no problem, hell we none of us want to see those machines die and what better way of keeping them alive than by racing Em?.
    So, soon I'm going to talk with Volty, Max and co and see wht we can organise in the way of a BFTP support ride to a track side somewhere in the Norf Island first up to cheers our guys on.
    Then, as there has always been strength in numbers and as we do have a loose but good and friendly raporte with the Fatt Bikers Motorcycle Club, I propose to rgnise a joint ride away somwehre, Turangi springs to mind ( good and cheap, central to the whole Norf Island and most of our and the FBMC membership. It'll be along the lines of an organised ride there, a quiet night of mxing and telling lies and a leisurely retrun trip for everyone as free agents the next day.
    Taumaraqnui has a long time ago sked us to return ( Yes, they did) so theres another bit of unfinished and pleasant business we can conclude.
    Lets be having you, come on back in here(As long as my arse points to the ground.I will not take the BFTP onto Fuck Book, so it's here or nowhere) and lets get things going again.
    W#e had great rides, good meetings and away trips.
    We can do it again.
    I just need the numbers and to hear from you all that you want to make it happen.
    Caseye.
  2. Max Headroom
    Max Headroom
    Classic racing at Pukekohe this weekend.

Voltaire and I will be proceeding around the circuit in an attempt to keep up with the rest of the field on a pair of elderly Kraut airheads. Visitors to the pits will be most welcome. Particularly if bearing gifts of food. Cash donations also accepted.
  3. caseye
    caseye
    Hey Max, good to see you are still at it.
    Will try to make that sometime over the weekend, Saturday or Sunday, or both?
    Here we go fellow BFTPérs an opportunity to ride and support some of our own people on old AS Bikes.
    Tell me you want to go and I'll make a time and a place for a meet up and ride down together.
    Big word, means as a group, you know like us , the BFTP.
  4. Diggers
    Diggers
    Im going down tomorrow, but will be caging it. I intend to catch up in the Voltmeister/Headroom pit area at some stage as well as with a workmate racing an early gixxer.
  5. Dodgyiti
    Dodgyiti
    I'm keen on the odd ride.
    I gave up organising rides when general lethargy ment it was a keyboard group rather than a riders group.
    It seems to me after 4 years out, that the whole kiwibiker site is quiet as well. Or at least a shadow of previous activity
  6. caseye
    caseye
    Sure is mate, good to see you, really is. Come along on a Thursday night ride,(BP southerm M/way 6pm, ride off 7pm, outside the Autobahn by Maccas.) or we could cruise past and pick you up, often riding out Naike way these days.
    Usual thing, ride hour hour an a harf then find a pub/cafe and tell lies.
    God fun.
    As for this lot of reprobates, well, we got two BFTPérs to Paeroa and meet up with one or two others and hear dform yet more who were there but didn't ride or got there early.
    Seems we do have a chance at making a come back, got the numbers, just need the dates to gel.
  7. RDjase
    RDjase
    I am still around, ish, have semi been in bike hiberanation after buying a super overgrown acre and a half 20 mins, run down house, big shed, so that has used up lots of time.
    The RD has been out a few times but need some TLC, Brakes, tyres, not much really. Will be riding again soon and keen to catch up at a classic meet. Tyler has been racing Dave Kenahs Manx so is at a few meetings.
  8. caseye
    caseye
    Jase, bloody good to see you man, that ol RD still chugging along aye. Hope the homestead is looking good,would want to if the bikes beeen taking a back seat.
    Good news on the young un and why don't we try for a clan get together at a meet sometime soon.
    Course I don't know when or where, but given a date and a place I could rustle up something.
  9. Hobbyhorse
    Hobbyhorse
    Hi Caseye.

Just back from the Burt .... the Beemer and I still doing it .... good to see some action on the BFTP group.
  10. caseye
    caseye
    Now theres a ride I'd like to do, and will, one day.
    Good to see you Hobbyhorse, there is enough of us still about to cobble a ride together one of these not so far away days.
    Anyone got any thoughts as to where, or when???
  11. Wolfrider
    Wolfrider
    Could head out to the Awhitu lighthouse on the Manakau heads, not a bad ride and nice views.
  12. Dodgyiti
    Dodgyiti
    Yeah we did a good one to the lighthouse, I'd be keen again.
  13. caseye
    caseye
    K, the lighthouse it is! Nw then, when?
    If we made it next Saturday, meet at the BP on the Southern Motorway (Just past the Papakura off ramp heading south) at about 10am ride off at 1030-45 ish.we could do the lighthouse ride and return to the Kentish for a pie an a pint, or similar and tell bigger an bigger lieses.
  14. RDjase
    RDjase
    Not sure when the next Race meeting is but Tyler will know, Bought a Trident a few months ago, 73 model, with 9300 miles on it, been giving it a 45 years major service. Came in from the US in 1990 with 4000 miles, only travelled 300 in the last 13 years
  15. caseye
    caseye
    Well I reckon the BFTP should consider supporting their racing brothers by attending their events when and where they can.
    So, ask Tyler whee and when in the next few weeks and lets get something going.
    As for the Trident, mateeeeeee, well done
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast