Paeroa Street Races Sunday the 18th of February 2018.

1. caseye
    caseye
    OK you ugly as mudda truckers, so who is going to put thier hands up for a BFTP Ride to Paeroa on Sunday the 18th 2018?
    Leave the Caltex on top of the Bombays at 8am, hour and a half odd to Paeroa.
    Arrive before racing starts, ushered to parking,.
    Lock up, and Walk about.
    Great day last year, no hassles getting there, getting in or finding good reasonable priced grub abd cold bevvies.
    I'm also going to post this message on the FBMC pages and see if we can't get some of them along too.
    Hear form you all soon.
    http://www.battleofthestreets.co.nz/
  2. IkieBikie
    IkieBikie
    definately keen on this one
  3. Diggers
    Diggers
    Im planning on taking my 11 year old son on the bike with me, so pencil me in.
  4. caseye
    caseye
    Well, thats at least 4-5 confirmed riders for this one, come on you lot get your gear out shake it off and lets go!
    Great news Digs.
  5. Ixion
    Ixion
    I'll be going if it's not cancelled (likely will be) , but 9:30arrival is too early for me.
  6. caseye
    caseye
    Hey there Ixion, long time no speaky. Good to know your still about. OK, we could leave as late as 9am, if that helps, everyhting is open to change.
    Let me know.
  7. caseye
    caseye
    Change of plan!
    We will now leave the Caltex Service Station at the top of the Bombays at 9am.
    Or when Leathal and co arrive whichevr is soonest.
  8. Murray
    Murray
    Have a great day guys. I've sort of postponed trip down south, Trinas got the weekend off and heading to Hams first weekend of next month for big Nige's +1 b'day
  9. Ixion
    Ixion
    Pleasant day, but as hot as the furnace room of Hell. I put up in my usual chair in the Ohinimuri Gentlemen's' Club (on the right by the door onto the deck if you are looking for me ever), and made occasional forays , returning once I was nicely boiling for further liquid refreshment.

But, is BoTS dying? The crowds for the last two years have been light, very light indeed. Once , one could hardly squeeze through the choke point at the chicane (by the RSA) - now it is an easy stroll. And there were scarcely any trade stall this year. And no food stalls, though that may be a matter of Paeroa shopkeepers complaining. And there is no reason that I can see this year for a poor attendance- the day was excellent , no risk of cancellation, no other major attractions on that I know of.

Perhaps the event has just run its course.
  10. caseye
    caseye
    Geez Ix, I strolled past the Oh Gents club a couple a times, didn't see ya, know exaqctly whee you mean though, I passed a comment to the others I was with, that the OH Club had the right idea.
    Now I knbow, I will come looking next year, promise.
  11. Ixion
    Ixion
    I thoroughly recommend their Apricot and Pork Pot Pie.
  12. Voltaire
    Voltaire
    I attended Paeroa for the first time as a competitor. Decided against taking the 1000 cc BMW and instead used the formally 500cc but now 650cc as its such a nice bike to ride.
    Once over the initial nerves and riding on the left side of the road t'was all good.
    You can only watch in awe at the riders of the fast bikes,sidecars and motards in action.
    It will be interesting to see who many go to the Mike Pero Festival next weekend as there is a lot of competition for the spectator dollar these days.
    Next event I'll be in is at Hampton Downs on the 25th March, Summer Classic run by the CMCRR. Free entry ( as no one comes to watch really).
    There will be two BMW's on the track, either Mr or Mrs Headroom.