Merry Christmas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Dadpole
    Dadpole
    A DKW collector? In the words of Basil Fawlty, "We should have him stuffed"

Good to hear from all and sundry, and keep up those dreams of riding the highways on clapped out pieces of history.
  2. caseye
    caseye
    Merry New Year everyone.
    Well the ol Coal Burner fired up on Friday last and headed down for a WOF!>
    Sadly me bike mec wasn't in, I can only assume he is still on Holiday, good on him.
    So, no WOF nor rego (Onhold for past 5 years, I checked) Off she went for a quiet tiki tour around Clevedon, Maeraitai etc, etc, was a bloody great little ride and she went beautifully, miss winding that ol thumper up and passing things.
    Many thanks for the pressed apple Juice Dadpole, love your spread and location is amazing, was wonderfull catching up, managed a couple of trips over the Remutuka's with an old mate (STONEY) on his 1200 Nonda VFR and over to Martinborough for Brunch, that Garage Brewed beer is bloody nice.
    Amazing roads down that way and that old , middle of Nowhere Gladstone Pub was a definite stop if your thristy, luckily we were.
    Good ride down the middle, and returned up the West Coast, then cut across to Fielding to see an old work colleague, took another trip back in time and stopped in at the Clifton Court Motel inTok (Tokoroa) to see Mom and Maha, had a great visit and was incredible to also finally meet Chancy and her crew at the same time, talked the legs off an old cast iron pot with Maha and Mom and finally jumped abaord and head back to Dorkland.
    Weather has been amazing since then, but haven't managed more than a day or 2 here and there.
    BFTP, come on guys, lets make a date and go somehwere, perhaps a certain Motel in the middle of the Norf Island, plenyt to do and places to ride to, from there, acesable for all members in the North island.
  3. Dadpole
    Dadpole
    Nice one Caseye. There are a few names there I havn't seen in years. Tokaroa is nice and central. All I need is the bike to do it...
  4. fridayflash
    fridayflash
    That does sound a tantalisingly good idea Caseye, central north island is easy for me although like Keith id have to find something to ride..wouldnt be hard tho!
    i must nudge wickle and rdjase, let them know bftp may ride again
  5. Dadpole
    Dadpole
    I discovered an old friend has acquired an '82 GSX1100 (the one I miss the most). I will have to persuade him to let me look after it for a while. Can anyone point me to a website on waterboarding and other forms of torture?
  6. caseye
    caseye
    Do that Flash! an Daddy Pole, yer'd only have to ask him, I'm sure.
    Otherwise 12 Gauage in his face, ought to so it.
    Come on folks we have contact here, lets see if we can get this off the ground.
  7. fridayflash
    fridayflash
    is that an 1100ez dadpole? or the last of the et's?
    shotgun beats 4 aces eh caseye? hehe
  8. Dadpole
    Dadpole
    1100ED. Same as the EZ with the black engine. The only air-cooled 1100/1135 variation I have not owned.

I think I need this one. If you see a news item where some old git was found buried under a pile of old junk and a motorcycle is missing, then you may assume I am back on the road.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12