• Most Active Threads

TZ350

ESE's works engine tuner

Thread Starter: TZ350

. This is Thomas a Vietnamese race mechanic, you know that place where they have all those hot 50's and 125's are big bikes. Thomas, ESE's Race Team's Tuner is fettling number 9. adjusting the port timing for Taupo. Its hard to see but he has taped a degree wheel to the magneto flywheel...

Last Post By: TZ350 Today, 13:10 Go to last post
    Rcktfsh

Optimistic sellers

Thread Starter: Rcktfsh

This trader must be pretty hard to outdo as far as optimism goes. Bike has been on the market for a year now, wonder when the penny will drop he''s dreaming at that price. You'd have thought after a year he might have got round to the little bit of tlc required to get running. ...

Last Post By: F5 Dave Today, 12:54 Go to last post
    Yow Ling

The Bucket Foundry

Thread Starter: Yow Ling

The foundry or metal casting stuff thats been going on the the ESE thread really inspired me to get on with having a go at this stuff. If you can cast metal theres really not much you cant do. I dont think its going to be easy, most of it has been a bit of 2 steps forward 1 step back so far. Im...

Last Post By: Flettner Yesterday, 21:01 Go to last post
    Kendog

The dogs' Hornet mods

Thread Starter: Kendog

One thing I love about these forums is seeing what other people have done to their bikes, it inspires me to do new things to mine. The Hornet is a very 'mod-able' bike, so over the last 7 months I have had a good time not only riding it but personalising it. If you are into this sort of thing...

Last Post By: Gremlin Yesterday, 20:16 Go to last post
    Frodo

Eight days through the South Island

Thread Starter: Frodo

It was time for the Shiver and me to have another camping trip around the South Island New Zealand. This is the route I took. Starting and finishing at the ferry terminal at Picton, then 7 nights, 8 days and about 2700km. A somewhat dreary ferry crossing, here coming into Tory Channel.

Last Post By: Frodo Today, 15:50 Go to last post
    Blue Meanie

WoF Woes!!!!

Thread Starter: Blue Meanie

The things you have to do to get a bloody WoF these days. My bike (BMW G310R) went into the main dealer in town on Wednesday to have the side stand replaced under a recall notice so I decided to kill two birds with one stone and booked it in for a WoF at the same time. Bugger me, they only went and...

Last Post By: rastuscat Today, 15:10 Go to last post
    Greenhonnet

1992 Yamaha Zeal FZX250 4 Cylinders

Thread Starter: Greenhonnet

Kiaora, Tena Kotoa Katoa, I purchased this 1992 old beast on Fri. It started to jerk out a bit when I throttled in to climb up the hill taking her back home. On Sat I took her for a WOF check and Reg. On the way to those places she started to cut out when climbing up the hill whereby I have to...

Last Post By: speedpro Today, 11:04 Go to last post
    Dak S83

Hayabusa Hi Side

Thread Starter: Dak S83

Lol, probably one of the first to wreck the new 2021 Hayabusa at 11:38 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmh10rI7s28

Last Post By: FJRider Today, 16:35 Go to last post
    dangerous

Swann, Kiwibike or other

Thread Starter: dangerous

so....Iv been a vero customer for ever, so was about to just go with them no questions asked... but just rang swann and they will damn near half the premium, had me thinking so rang kiwibike insurance... will do both bikes as one and cheaper again... so prices ranging from 400- 1100 WTF! But...

Last Post By: Black Knight Today, 14:28 Go to last post
  • stormerUK

by Published on 16th April 2013 20:03
    1. Categories:
    2. Club Rides,
    3. Club Events

Hi All,

Following on the heels of our series of successful meet ups, the Institute of Advanced Motorists are offering further free observed rides or drives to anyone who would like to know more about the IAM and 'Roadcraft' System of vehicle control Based on the UK Police Driving System. This is proven around the world to reduce risk when driving making those who use it safer drivers/riders.

You can go out with a trained observer for a ride or drive for about 30-40 minutes and get constructive feedback on ways you may be able to improve your riding or driving. This is informal and not any kind of test!
    We are also available to pop along to your local club meets to give a brief overview of our methods.

Meet us at Coffee Culture at the Beckenham shops at 140 Columbo Street Chch , or Hampton Motorcycles SH1 from 10am to 12 noon
    Sunday 28th April……..Coffee Culture
    Saturday 25th May……Hampton Motorcycles
    Sunday 30th June……..Coffee Culture
    Saturday 27th July……..Hampton Motorcycles.

If you want to ensure an observed run then contact us back on this email address canterburyiam@gmail.com

Please turn up in or on a road legal vehicle that you a licenced to drive/ride other wise we are sorry but we can't take you out.

Regards
    Duncan Seed
    Chairman IAM Canterbury
    021 734 484
    by Published on 24th February 2013 09:57
    1. Categories:
    2. Community News

Hi All,

Following on the heels of our last successful meet, the Institute of Advanced Motorists are offering further free observed rides or drives to anyone who would like to know more about the IAM and 'Roadcraft' System of vehicle control Based on the UK Police Driving System. This is proven around the world to reduce risk when driving making those who use it safer drivers/riders.

You can go out with a trained observer for a ride or drive for about an hour and get constructive feedback on ways you may be able to improve your riding or driving. This is informal and not any kind of test!

Meet us at Coffee Culture at the Beckenham shops at 140 Columbo Street Chch from 9am to 12 noon for a coffee, chat and / or a drive/ride on Sunday 3rd March.

If you want to ensure an observed run then contact us back on this email address canterburyiam@gmail.com asap

Regards
    Duncan Seed
    Chairman IAM Canterbury
    021 734 484