• Most Active Threads

TZ350

ESE's works engine tuner

Thread Starter: TZ350

. This is Thomas a Vietnamese race mechanic, you know that place where they have all those hot 50's and 125's are big bikes. Thomas, ESE's Race Team's Tuner is fettling number 9. adjusting the port timing for Taupo. Its hard to see but he has taped a degree wheel to the magneto flywheel...

Last Post By: ken seeber Today, 20:40 Go to last post
    speedpro

Thread Starter: speedpro

#6 is dead. Long live #6. After 17 years.

Last Post By: Grumph Today, 19:33 Go to last post
    merv

MotoGP 2020

Thread Starter: merv

Okay I'll start the new year's thread this time to save jellywrestler doing it. So Alex Marquez is now confirmed as Marc's team mate at Repsol Honda. It will be interesting to see how he goes in the first tests later today as he hasn't really set the other classes alight like his older brother...

Last Post By: actungbaby Today, 12:56 Go to last post
    Bonez

Back on the road. '76 CB550F Super Sport

Thread Starter: Bonez

Got my '76 CB550 Super Sport back on the road after a 10 year park up. Had a few health issues and got rid of most of my70s/80s m/cand Connie has taken over most of the shed for her woodwork work shop. I did keep my CB550F and Dads R80 which my brother now has. The BMW wasn't really my thing....

Last Post By: Bonez Today, 07:12 Go to last post
    VasalineWarrior

Gracefield battle of the streets

Thread Starter: VasalineWarrior

Logged on to the MotoGP petition site today and got wondering about bike racing in NZ and how we could get more of it, which trigered a grey old memory. Most of you have heard of the battle of the streets in Wanganui and at Paeroa, and like me you proabably go along as these are bloody fantastic...

Last Post By: roogazza Today, 07:33 Go to last post
    Bonez

Things on your motorcycle that aren't really needed.

As per title what was on your m/c new that wasn't actually necessary. On the XF650 it's a silly guard the sits between the horn and lower triple clamp. I imagine it was there to stop shit from ficking up into the cowling area. In reality it does didly squat and is just an annoyance when working in...

Last Post By: caspernz Today, 20:39 Go to last post
    Blackbird

North Island Tour

Thread Starter: Blackbird

There's nothing like the south island for touring by bike but some mates and I were due to attend a conference in Porirua late last month and decided to turn it into a tour of some of the north island's back roads whilst we were at it. I haven't toured for over 5 years and it was genuinely good...

Last Post By: caspernz Today, 20:36 Go to last post
    Bonez

Bmw r18

1802ccs of .....https://advrider.com/bmw-rolls-out-its-new-r-18-cruiser/ To carter for the, well bigger rider I guess.

Last Post By: Bonez Today, 16:04 Go to last post
    Rixter

07 sv1000 chudder

Thread Starter: Rixter

Hi all,is there anyone who has had the clutch basket mod done successfully in nz ?

Last Post By: Rixter Today, 11:27 Go to last post
  • stormerUK

by Published on 16th April 2013 20:03
    1. Categories:
    2. Club Rides,
    3. Club Events

Hi All,

Following on the heels of our series of successful meet ups, the Institute of Advanced Motorists are offering further free observed rides or drives to anyone who would like to know more about the IAM and 'Roadcraft' System of vehicle control Based on the UK Police Driving System. This is proven around the world to reduce risk when driving making those who use it safer drivers/riders.

You can go out with a trained observer for a ride or drive for about 30-40 minutes and get constructive feedback on ways you may be able to improve your riding or driving. This is informal and not any kind of test!
    We are also available to pop along to your local club meets to give a brief overview of our methods.

Meet us at Coffee Culture at the Beckenham shops at 140 Columbo Street Chch , or Hampton Motorcycles SH1 from 10am to 12 noon
    Sunday 28th April……..Coffee Culture
    Saturday 25th May……Hampton Motorcycles
    Sunday 30th June……..Coffee Culture
    Saturday 27th July……..Hampton Motorcycles.

If you want to ensure an observed run then contact us back on this email address canterburyiam@gmail.com

Please turn up in or on a road legal vehicle that you a licenced to drive/ride other wise we are sorry but we can't take you out.

Regards
    Duncan Seed
    Chairman IAM Canterbury
    021 734 484
    by Published on 24th February 2013 09:57
    1. Categories:
    2. Community News

Hi All,

Following on the heels of our last successful meet, the Institute of Advanced Motorists are offering further free observed rides or drives to anyone who would like to know more about the IAM and 'Roadcraft' System of vehicle control Based on the UK Police Driving System. This is proven around the world to reduce risk when driving making those who use it safer drivers/riders.

You can go out with a trained observer for a ride or drive for about an hour and get constructive feedback on ways you may be able to improve your riding or driving. This is informal and not any kind of test!

Meet us at Coffee Culture at the Beckenham shops at 140 Columbo Street Chch from 9am to 12 noon for a coffee, chat and / or a drive/ride on Sunday 3rd March.

If you want to ensure an observed run then contact us back on this email address canterburyiam@gmail.com asap

Regards
    Duncan Seed
    Chairman IAM Canterbury
    021 734 484