• Most Active Threads

TZ350

ESE's works engine tuner

Thread Starter: TZ350

. This is Thomas a Vietnamese race mechanic, you know that place where they have all those hot 50's and 125's are big bikes. Thomas, ESE's Race Team's Tuner is fettling number 9. adjusting the port timing for Taupo. Its hard to see but he has taped a degree wheel to the magneto flywheel...

Last Post By: SwePatrick Today, 02:20 Go to last post
    merv

MotoGP 2020

Thread Starter: merv

Okay I'll start the new year's thread this time to save jellywrestler doing it. So Alex Marquez is now confirmed as Marc's team mate at Repsol Honda. It will be interesting to see how he goes in the first tests later today as he hasn't really set the other classes alight like his older brother...

Last Post By: F5 Dave Yesterday, 20:08 Go to last post
    Bonez

Back on the road. '76 CB550F Super Sport

Thread Starter: Bonez

Got my '76 CB550 Super Sport back on the road after a 10 year park up. Had a few health issues and got rid of most of my70s/80s m/cand Connie has taken over most of the shed for her woodwork work shop. I did keep my CB550F and Dads R80 which my brother now has. The BMW wasn't really my thing....

Last Post By: Bonez Yesterday, 08:46 Go to last post
    rocketman1

Why change your oil?

Thread Starter: rocketman1

Has anyone tested a bike that has been serviced regularly with oil changes against one that hasnt. Have I been brainwashed to think I should change the oil regularly. I have read of some riders that never change the oil, in their bikes or cars and it does not seem to effect their performance...

Last Post By: Bonez Yesterday, 19:01 Go to last post
    caseye

Fbmc 2020

Thread Starter: caseye

Well, the FBMC is once again dipping their collective toes. See below for the Monthly ride notice. Know that it will start from the Quay Street MacDonalds on the Waterfront opposite the Container Terminal. Heres a link. Anytime from early morning onwards. On the 9th Of February 2020 Ride Off...

Last Post By: caseye Yesterday, 19:58 Go to last post
    el chupacabra

Yamaha RZ/Banshee build

Thread Starter: el chupacabra

Hello, long story short after years of owning RGV250s and having a couple of seizures chasing performance i decided to hack up my frame and fit a set of banshee cases i got from the states knowing that they had more potential for a lightweight race bike. (just for track days and the odd club races)...

Last Post By: el chupacabra Yesterday, 16:46 Go to last post
    HenryDorsetCase

Cool bikes you would love to own but probably never will

Thread Starter: HenryDorsetCase

I'm gonna need that Norton Manx frame you have sitting in the back of your shed. And the running gear. In fact just take the motor out of your Manx and send the rest of it to me. I also need a Kawa 500 triple motor.

Last Post By: Grumph Today, 05:42 Go to last post
    Bonez

'98 Suzuki FX 650 Freewind.

Thread Starter: Bonez

What would one pay for a '98 Suzuki FX650 Freewind that is in general good shape with a few minor scrapes on the right front cowling with say for argument sake 60,000s up. Rego/wof up top scratch and good multi purpose tyres fitted. How easy are they to get parts for? Say a center stand for...

Last Post By: Bonez Yesterday, 16:15 Go to last post
    GoJohnGo

Identifying a LAMS bike

Thread Starter: GoJohnGo

My partner and I are new to New Zealand and are shopping for a couple of used Suzuki DL650 V-Stroms. Looking through TradeMe, some of the ads mention "Full Power" or "LAMS." It appears that there are two flavors of that model in the market. Our US licenses converted over to Class 6 unrestricted...

Last Post By: FJRider Yesterday, 16:07 Go to last post
    calibra71207

Hornet 250 vs Suzuki GS500F - which one to get for the beginner

Thread Starter: calibra71207

Hi Guys, First of all, I would like to say hello as I am totally fresh here. I got my learners and would like to start my adventure with riding + thinking about commuting from the Shore to the CBD as well. I am on the hunt for my first motorbike and would like to ask for advice. Initially,...

Last Post By: Banditbandit Yesterday, 09:50 Go to last post