• Most Active Threads

Yow Ling

The Bucket Foundry

Thread Starter: Yow Ling

The foundry or metal casting stuff thats been going on the the ESE thread really inspired me to get on with having a go at this stuff. If you can cast metal theres really not much you cant do. I dont think its going to be easy, most of it has been a bit of 2 steps forward 1 step back so far. Im...

Last Post By: Flettner Today, 14:39 Go to last post
    merv

MotoGP 2020

Thread Starter: merv

Okay I'll start the new year's thread this time to save jellywrestler doing it. So Alex Marquez is now confirmed as Marc's team mate at Repsol Honda. It will be interesting to see how he goes in the first tests later today as he hasn't really set the other classes alight like his older brother...

Last Post By: pritch Yesterday, 18:40 Go to last post
    DnosAAAA

Veterans, gear oil as chain lube?

Thread Starter: DnosAAAA

Always have used overpriced chain sprays for chain lube, worked alright i suppose. Back on bikes after a 6 year hiatus, and after watching a fortnine video, i went down and purchased an $8 bottle of gear oil. Anybody used it (gear oil) as chain lube? Is it as messy as i imagine it will be? Will i...

Last Post By: Bonez Yesterday, 19:30 Go to last post
    LeonardRenner

Hard chroming?

Thread Starter: LeonardRenner

Hi all, I have just bought a Yamaha 650 1973 and I need to get the inner fork legs hard chromed... Where do I need to send them?

Last Post By: toycollector10 Yesterday, 17:02 Go to last post
    ddl.moto

Brit arriving in Auckland for one month - looking for advice getting to Wellington!

Thread Starter: ddl.moto

Hi I've booked my flights and packed my bags, and I'll be arriving in Auckland one week tomorrow. My plan is to buy a bike, and then sell it before I leave. Rentals are too expensive so I'm taking the risk! Worst case scenario, I lose the same $ that a rental would have cost me. I land in...

Last Post By: MD Today, 11:48 Go to last post
    calm

Question regarding old suzuki 50ccs

Thread Starter: calm

Hello I recently got 2x Suzuki 1980 OM50's. They seem to be very similar to models: GT50, TS50, ZR50. Unfortunately it seems almost impossible to get a new throttle/ oil pump cable for my model in NZ, I am wondering if it would be safe longterm to run premix? I have currently tried 25:1, but...

Last Post By: husaberg Yesterday, 22:51 Go to last post